• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002 throttle cable

CDR

So I purchased a new throttle cable Dorman 55204. I noticed Greenmountain generators sells a small parts kit. Is this something I need? What else do I need to do to make this cable work looks like it only has one end that screws onto the generator what holds the other end has anyone tried this before? Thanks for any help

1800 Diesel

So I purchased a new throttle cable Dorman 55204. I noticed Greenmountain generators sells a small parts kit. Is this something I need? What else do I need to do to make this cable work looks like it only has one end that screws onto the generator what holds the other end has anyone tried this before? Thanks for any help
Probably would help if you posted a couple photos of what you bought. That being said, I believe the Dorman 55204 is the complete cable assembly--from the knob to the IP end of the push-pull cable. Unless someone removed the IP end retaining screw and any mounting hardware from your generator, you should be good-to-go....

CDR

Probably would help if you posted a couple photos of what you bought. That being said, I believe the Dorman 55204 is the complete cable assembly--from the knob to the IP end of the push-pull cable. Unless someone removed the IP end retaining screw and any mounting hardware from your generator, you should be good-to-go....
this is what I bough it has not arrived yet. Unless the picture doesn't show all the parts seems like there a lot missing

1800 Diesel

The cable assembly looks correct...can't say if you need the kit or not. You need to look at your generator to see if any parts are missing off the IP. If I get a chance I'll take a look at one of my MEP2s to see exactly what's there. Also, figure 3-16 of the TM (Op & Maint) shows a picture of the assembly installed on the generator. You have a copy of the TM, right?

Harleyd315

The cable you bought is a universal cable with no threaded end just a solid cable. The kit fron Green Mtn will give you the threaded end you need for the clevis that attaches to the governor arm. You will also have to make a holder for the cable at the gov end. By the time your done it will cost the same as having the correct cable made to order. I think I pay about $95.00 for the correct cable w/shipping from a company in PA. I don't have their info with me but I could get it for you. PM me if interested.

Harleyd315

Airbrake & Power Equipment, Pottsville,PA 570-622-6188 makes custom Felsted cables to order. I talk to a man named Bernie and he sends the cables out within a day. They dont make the exact same cable it has a solid core, not cable like the original, but they are very flexible. The cable is ready to use out of the box including the clevis and pin. You could also search Felsted or Morse cables and maybe find a supplier closer to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks