• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a 208 instead of 240v

Geronimoejoe

I'm going to try to post this once more, then give up. I tried earlier, but it never posted.
My output L2,L3 is running 208 instead of 240vac.
The switch under the lid is on the right position for 240 vac (single phase), but even the 120 vac is running 108 vac. I don't know gens, so I need to get pointed in the right direction. This is short because I don't think it's going to post. More information, I'll post back after this posts.
Thank you
Geronimoejoe

JD4044M

Sounds like you need to raise the RPMs a little which will bring the voltage and Cycles up at the same time. That is all I can offer. Hook your meter up while you do it and watch the voltage.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't there a small knob on the control panel for the voltage adjustment?

The other larger knob sets the cycles (HZ) by adjusting the engine operating RPM.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes make sure you are running at the proper RPM, and verify the hertz being produced. Once your hertz are correct, you should be able to turn the voltage knob on the face of the machine to increase the voltage. Verify with a handheld meter or a cheap kill a watt, don't go solely by the factory gauges.

Isaac-1

Where are you located, I am also the Laura outage area, and have a MEP-002a that got clobbered by a tree as well as a MEP-003a. Dealing with lots of issues here at the moment, for ourselves and family with generator, roof, and other issues, but I might be able to help if you are nearby. I am in DeRidder

Ray70

Hold on, go back to the original post. Why are you using L2-L3 if you are set in 120/240 mode??
You should have 240V between L1 and L3 and 120 between L1-L0 and L3-L0
L2 is not is play unless you're in 208 mode.
Was that a misprint in your description or are you hooked up incorrectly?
Also, where is your AM/VM switch set and are you testing with the gage or a good multi meter? and what lugs are you testing?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hold on, go back to the original post. Why are you using L2-L3 if you are set in 120/240 mode??
You should have 240V between L1 and L3 and 120 between L1-L0 and L3-L0
L2 is not is play unless you're in 208 mode.
Was that a misprint in your description or are you hooked up incorrectly?
Also, where is your AM/VM switch set and are you testing with the gage or a good multi meter? and what lugs are you testing?
Good catch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks