• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A alternator fuse

jamawieb

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood. The fuse is located right above the oil filter canister. Its a small circle cap that is usually gray or white. Push it in and turn counter clockwise, the fuse usually comes off with that cap.

m38inmaine

Over by the oil fill on the sheet metal end housing you will see a push and turn fuse holder, I put a red circle around it.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Here's a good tip.

The wire diagrams and schematics are in both the -12 and -34 manuals, and if you look into the 10 KW, MEP-003A books, again, the -12 and -34 manuals, you will find probably better copies. The only difference between the models is the 003A has two more glow plugs. In fact, when you look at the 002A books, the schematics shows the four glow plugs, and has a note next to it explaining that the 002A only has two glow plugs. I think the schematics in the -34, in the 003A books are about the most legible. When I was still running around germany fixing these sets, I had blowups made of ALL the schematics, from all the manuals. Then picked and chose as I liked. I kept a -12 and -34 manual from the 003A and a parts, -24P for both the 002A and 003A on hand. No place I know to get blown ups in the net. Just go to a company that prints things. Costs a bit, but worth it. Orgo to a architect office. They have a Plotter, (thats what its called here, what it is call in the states I have no idea) a BIG copy machine. Plug in your memory stick, with the manuals on it, and print away.

Of course, you might have other things on your plate at this time.

if you have problems with the set, just let us know here. Great bunch of folks here, and someone will help.

Chainbreaker

Thank you, and I wish the wiring diagram in the manual was large enough to actually use....cant make out any of the words...where can I get a blow up of it?
There is an eBayer ("arleens_boutique") that sells a "D" size (24" x 36") blow-up of the schematic for $11 free shipping. Just search "MEP-002a" and it should come up on about the 2nd page of the list of items for sale as of the date of this posting. It's not perfectly crisp, probably none are unless they were to be made off the original dwg, but MUCH BETTER than looking at the small diagrams in TM.

Eboniste

My apologies for a seemingly silly question but I have searched and searched for the answer to “what size should the alternator fuse be for an Mep002a?” Haven’t found that anywhere. Mine is blown and batteries are not charging. May be another problem but would like to start by replacing with correct fuse. What is it please?

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you down loaded the TM's for your gen set? They are all here in the TM forum. You can use both the 002A and 003A TM's. The sets are 98% the same. They are your best friend.

Use NSN: 5920-00-012-0151 or part number: FO2A32V15A if you want to look in Fle-Bay. There are other places to look, like Mouser.

Ray70

In a pinch you can get a 1 1/4" glass tube fuse from the local parts store.
The liquid cooled machines take a 30A fuse but I think the air cooled might be less, possibly as low as 10A
Take a peek at the one in there and see if it's labeled on the ends.

Guyfang

Staff member
The 003A and 002A use according to the book, 15 amp. I just always stuck 30 amp fuses in everything. That way I had less to keep track of.

Eboniste

The 003A and 002A use according to the book, 15 amp. I just always stuck 30 amp fuses in everything. That way I had less to keep track of.
Thanks, that is helpful...the ends of the one I took out says 34V and has no amperage rating, or at least none that I can read. So no worries about putting a 30a into a 15a slot? Also, I did try downloading the TM but no luck. Maybe it doesn’t like the iPad. I will try our PC at some point. Thanks again

Ray70

Just go to the parts store and grab a 5 pack of AGC fuses in whatever rating you want from 15 up to 30
Or they may have an assorted pack.
They will all fit in the holder, just slightly different amperage rating.
If you have a serious failure even the 30A will still pop long before anything else happens, but you can always start lower with 15 or 20 and it should hold even if the batteries are drained, the charge circuit is not that powerful on those machines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks