• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a gauges

Jthompson258

I new to the fourm. I have an mep002a and would like to replace the gauges with digital one like i saw in a different post does anyone know where to find them?thanks in advance.

Ray70

There are quite a few different ones available. Some will fit in the original openings, others such as the small Chinese rectangles require a little filing of the holes and fabricating an adapter. I have used the Chinese ones from Ebay and made adapter discs.

Things to be aware of:
Some Hz gages require 12V DC power to operate, you don't want that. Find ones that are direct read and operate off 120V AC, remove the Frequency converter and connect the AC in and signal out wires together so you are now feeding 120VAC to the gage and use the original gage wires. Get a 250-300VAC volt meter and wire directly in place of the volt gage.
On the load / AMP meters you need to use a CT coil for the signal, If you get split coils you can snap them around the main AC wires near the breaker without disconnecting the wires to feed through the CT coil.

There was a member here making drop in gages using a nice 3D printed plastic mounting cup, but I have heard from others that they are no longer available.

Member Chb32NJ is currently working on adding digital gages to a couple of his machines, maybe he will see this and chime in, or maybe shoot him a PM and see what he is using.

Chainbreaker

Yep, a Kill-A-Watt meter is always a good tool to have on hand! I use it as a comparison to generator gauges when first firing up generator. Its great to then take in house and plug into an outlet, like a kitchen outlet. where it can be easily seen while running house on generator power to monitor Hz & Voltages.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks