• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a spin on oil filter adapter

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Folks, it’s been awhile, hope all is well! Time to buy 2 mep002a spin on oil filter base adapters ! Where & who please!!
Thank you
Bob

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ray70

Hey guys, sorry I've been away from the forum for a little bit.
New job has me actually working instead of slacking off all day, so less time to catch up on generator stuff.
I am still making both oil and fuel filter adapters. Send over a PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

Ray70

Looking at the filter application it appears that the filter on the 007 is the same as the 004 and 005, which my adapter works on.
My adapters will fit the same mounting bolt pattern as the OEM Fram canister base, so you should be all set, but if you want to send me a picture of your housing I can confirm fitment.
The oil filter is completely different than the ones I make for the 002/003, so I have nothing for oil filter adapters for that machine.

Ray70

Agreed, you application looks much better suited for using the right angle mount adapters that LITD linked to.
Looking at your pictures you may have larger hoses than the 1/4" NPT fittings used on the smaller sets, so either use the appropriate size hose ends, or appropriate threaded bushings, just be careful not to overtighten the fittings. I have heard of more than 1 person who had leaks on those cast aluminum adapters due to cracking the casting around the threaded holes.

Guyfang

Staff member
The second two pictures in thread #11 look like they are the same as the MEP-004-MEP-006 gen sets. Just the first looks a bit different. But yes, some redesigning would be in order to make the spin on's fit. Dont think it would be a big deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks