• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a

Darlene

Hello, im new to this however i was reading a thread that mentioned battery becoming disconected and circuit breaker tripping on any switch setting but preheat , controll board light also works ... While running my temp battery setup vibrated loose and terminal came off, now when reconnected breaker tripps on any setting but preheat and controll light works with switch .... I hate to chase this blind , any help is greatly appreciated ... Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Often, the fuel pump capacitors short in that situation. They are not needed so simply remove them.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DC side of these sets don't like that. Do you have the original pumps in place with the EMI filters (square box) still in line from the plug to the pump? Those often fry during a DC event. As doghead said, you should be able to cut them out and the pumps work again.

Before doing that though, I would disconnect all three pumps (mark your wires, but not hard to trace back if you dont) and make sure you are still getting 24V at each plug, in each proper setting.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you are going to do this, just do it with 1 pump first (if they are OEM pumps, they allow pass through if one dies) to verify it fixed the condition. You can then do any other pumps you wish, and reconnect them.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have crimps or some way of making a very solid wiring connection? These arent weather tight sets like the 80x series, so anything you can do to make the job right, and water tight, will serve you well down the line.

Guyfang

Staff member
You have gotten good advice from Doghead and LITD. But let me brake it down a bit. Like LITD told you disconnect the 3 electrical fuel pumps. Then turn the S1, (Master switch) to the prime, then run and lastly Aux positions. This is to see if indeed the pumps are shorted out. They may not be. If you can place the S1 in any position, and the CB, (circuit breaker) doesn't pop, then one or more of the pumps is shorted. Try that and then tell us what happened.

Have you down loaded the TM's.

Darlene

Hello, im new to this however i was reading a thread that mentioned battery becoming disconected and circuit breaker tripping on any switch setting but preheat , controll board light also works ... While running my temp battery setup vibrated loose and terminal came off, now when reconnected breaker tripps on any setting but preheat and controll light works with switch .... I hate to chase this blind , any help is greatly appreciated ... Thanks
Well, hate to admit it but have not fired up this generator since early spring when you all helped me get her going. I dumped the fuel put in fresh but she cranks but will not start? Any ideas out there? Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Darlene

If thats the large selinoid with the rubber boot on it near the rear of unit then yes it pulls up when cranking and drops back down when not cranking?

Darlene

Roger! Thats the one.

Now, loosen the #2 cylinder fuel line at the IP, (injector pump) and turn the set over, get fuel out?
Ok, will try, so is #2 toward back? Wondered if we had air in line?

Darlene

Ok, heading back out there now... will let you know ... thanks

Darlene

Open up line on #2 and cranked it..no fuel. No wonder it didnt start. Any ideas why no fuel?

Guyfang

Staff member
Now is where you back track. Turn on the pumps. Open the last petcock on the last filter. Get a solid stream? If so, crack the line where it goes into the IP. Got a good stream? If so. crack the #2 line again, and crank it 40-60 seconds. Let the starter cool off a bit. Try again. What you got?

Darlene

Now is where you back track. Turn on the pumps. Open the last petcock on the last filter. Get a solid stream? If so, crack the line where it goes into the IP. Got a good stream? If so. crack the #2 line again, and crank it 40-60 seconds. Let the starter cool off a bit. Try again. What you got?
Ok, thanks...maybe we werent cranking long enough? Thanks again, will see.

Lovetofix

Something to check before you start taking off lines. The stop solenoid plunger may be retracting but is the fuel control lever coming along up? I am working on one for a friend and you have to touch the fuel control lever on the injection pump after you start cranking to get it to move up and give fuel to the injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks