• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a

Darlene

Something to check before you start taking off lines. The stop solenoid plunger may be retracting but is the fuel control lever coming along up? I am working on one for a friend and you have to touch the fuel control lever on the injection pump after you start cranking to get it to move up and give fuel to the injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, we will try that next. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Something to check before you start taking off lines. The stop solenoid plunger may be retracting but is the fuel control lever coming along up? I am working on one for a friend and you have to touch the fuel control lever on the injection pump after you start cranking to get it to move up and give fuel to the injectors.

Normaly this problem is because of the linkage itself. It is suposed to move freely. Sometimes the pant, or lack of lube cause this problem. There is a spring in the linkage, that needs to be exercised every now and then, to keep it free. Also, the ball joints need to be moving freely. Once again, lack of lube and perhaps movement will fix this.

Darlene

Normaly this problem is because of the linkage itself. It is suposed to move freely. Sometimes the pant, or lack of lube cause this problem. There is a spring in the linkage, that needs to be exercised every now and then, to keep it free. Also, the ball joints need to be moving freely. Once again, lack of lube and perhaps movement will fix this.
Guyfang...the linkage seems to be working but when we take off that line off #2 cyl. We are still not getting fuel out?

Darlene

Guyfang...the linkage seems to be working but when we take off that line off #2 cyl. We are still not getting fuel out?

Just checking...the fuel control lever is the lever that the fuel shut off solenoid moves? Right?

Guyfang

Staff member
If you have a considerable amount of fuel coming out when you have the E-pumps turned on, at the IP, then no, no need to check the check valve. But it should be coming out under pressure. If its not under pressure, then something is wrong.

Darlene

If you have a considerable amount of fuel coming out when you have the E-pumps turned on, at the IP, then no, no need to check the check valve. But it should be coming out under pressure. If its not under pressure, then something is wrong.
Hi, again, pump is definateley getting fuel to ip, cant seem to get it to prime or get past ip to injectors
... keep running batteries down trying to do so .

Darlene

How much pressure should there be ... its definately pumping .

Guyfang

Staff member
If its a good stream, then I am going to say that you need to try 1-2 more times to start it, and if it wont. We need to get Ray70 in on this. He is the man, on the IP. If you can not start it, it sounds like the plunger in the IP is frozen up, or broke. He is the go to guy to fix the IP.

Darlene

Ok, we will give it a go again in a bit... and get back... thanks for your help so far

Lovetofix

Thank you Guyfang,
In my case the fuel control rod is sticking in the closed position. I took the linkage all the way off to lubricate and exercise it and it worked smoothly through all movements. Then I manually manipulated the fuel control lever with nothing attached. It sticks at the very bottom stop but once you lift it up just a little it moves freely. My guess is a little varnish has built up from setting for several years. The fuel tank had some black tar like stuff in the bottom so I am thinking it may have some in the IP as well. I’m going to try some Berryman B12 as suggested in the thread about the 003a.

Darlene

(y)
Shamelessly use my name when you PM Ray. He is a great guy, super mechanic and the best man for the IP I have ever seen. AND, he fixes them, if you feel its over your head. And injectors also. SS is lucky to have him in it.
Sounds good. Thanks so much. Tried again not starting it makes sense that plunger must be stuck. Not sure why i had to go through this tapatalk app. I probably need to get back on the SS forum to PM Ray?

Guyfang

Staff member
I am surprised he is not into this thread. If you cant get hold of him, say something. I will bump him. I will be up another 1-2 hours. Got babysitting duty in the AM. Need my sleep.

Ray70

Well.... normally I would have been all over this as Guy said, but Christmas Chaos has kept me away from the computer for a few days! I got the PM from Darlene and we have begun to diagnose the IP off-line.
We'll share the findings for everyone as we get through it.
So far it sounds like at least it's an M50 pump and not the dreaded PSU!
Next step is to check if the plunger is spinning and moving in and out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks