• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep003 injection pump question? What is the Ball, Sealing what does it do?

campwell

Looks like my IP pump was not working so I did a disassembly and it looks good to me but I have one question that I just can,t find the answer to. What does the Set Screw with the Ball, Sealing do. It is a allen head screw with something behind it? I can't get that something out and I don't know what is does? I have not able to move it at all, seems like it could be stuck. Don't know how to post pic's yet but I will if it will help. IP Pump is an Model 50 made in Holland.

Thanks,
Larry

jamawieb

Don't worry about that, if you remove the ball, then it has to be replaced. Just make sure all your ports are clear and make sure your plunger guide is not broken. I usually use a cotton ball and acetone to clean everything. The plunger needs to be absolutely clean, it has tight tolerances inside the head.

campwell

I am thinking it has nothing to do with the running of the IP. It looks like when they drilled the fuel passage in the hydraulic head they put the Ball Sealing in the hole to keep the fuel from exiting the drill hole. I would post a pic but not sure how yet. I love this forum it has given me faith to try and do the things I would not have done with out you.

Thanks,
Larry

Attachments

Keith_J

Yes, that is just a high pressure plug on a drill path. High pressure flows from the delivery valve back to the plunger. The plunger turns at half crank speed, functioning as both the fuel injection pulse and distributor. There is a slot on the plunger which times the injection pulse to the correct cylinder.

trooper632

I have a mep002 and think the ip is dirty also but don't want to take it apart myself, is there a link with pics on how to do it somewhere, nothing on youtube

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks