• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep003 no starter signal

armyrino

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've been on. Had a crazy past 6-8 months between my business and dealing with hurricanes. Sorry for my absence. But back at it again. Picked up two mep003's trailer mounted. On 12 hours. Went threw both did all the usuals. Filters, fluids, and so on. Had to tear down and repair on of the injector pumps. Had a cracked plunger guide. Got everything back together and both ired right up and everything worked perfect. Well after a few starts to let them exercise one of them won't engage the starter. When I turn knob to the start position the fuel pumps run as they should, he shut down solenoid engages, battery charge meter activates, but no starter. I can manually engage it both by pushing in the armature for the starter solenoid, and applying voltage to the solenoid . I've tested for 24volts on the switch lead right at connection point on solenoid while turning switch to start position and I get no 24 signal. Now as I mentioned I can start the generator manually and it will run fine. But I also see that's its not producing ac voltage now as well. When I activate switch to start position while running to flash field again it does nothing . I haven't really dug into it yet . Was just seeing if anyone had any input . I hope its something easy. I've got the manual so gonna start tracing down. Can imagine anything serious . Its was working perfect and then next day i went to start it and it does this. Lol. Ive work on many of these but never ran by this issue yet. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks:tigger:

Bmxenbrett

Are you getting 24v out of the start switch? The diagram should tell you what terminal to look for this on.
If you jump 24v to the switch terminal and the engine crankd i would think you have a bad switch.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure there is more to it than just a start switch.

jamawieb

Check the switch first. During cranking you need to check terminal 27 to make sure your getting 24volts. That is what sends power to the crank relay and also flashes the field.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks