• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep003 rapid engage and disengage of starter/ spontaneous producing AC

armyrino

Good evening everyone. So I am a little stumped. Which doesn't happen easily. Lol. So I have a mep003 . Unit is very clean with only 24hrs run time. So I picked up a sweet trailer power plant with two mep 003 units. This unit had a problem with the injection pump. Which I fixed. Unit fired up and ran great plus produced voltage as it should. Ran unit a couple of times and even load tested. Everything ran great. Covered trailer up and let set for a month. Next time I went to star it the starter would engage and disengage rapidly. Once it would start then it would not produce and voltage but ran great.

jamawieb

Start with the starter lockout to make sure its adjusted correctly. That could be causing your starter issue. After the unit is up and running try to hold the master switch to start so it will excite the field.

armyrino

Never had to adjust the staryer lock out. How do you gobabouy adjusting the lockout.
When it is running I have held the starter switch in the start position to flash the field. It doesnt do anything. You can see the dash light dim when I do and the dc voltage gage dips down a little almost like its applying a load but nothing happens. But as I said it will sometimes work just fine and then it wont. Unfortunately it doesnt qork more than work.

Guyfang

Staff member
I would open the -12 TM and find the procedure. Its not hard. Starts on PDF reader page 144. Might not be a bad idea to read up on first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks