• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003A battery cables

justinn

your battery side should look like this pic.... there should also be 2 smaller wires coming from your control box(panel) that hook up to the respective + and - terminals on the starter, then there is the small trigger wire to activate the solenoid. Your other post got deleted and I forgot what I wrote on there, but I will be back to town on Wednesday if they don't get you squared away by then.

Attachments

justinn

your battery side should look like this pic.... there should also be 2 smaller wires coming from your control box(panel) that hook up to the respective + and - terminals on the starter, then there is the small trigger wire to activate the solenoid. Your other post got deleted and I forgot what I wrote on there, but I will be back to town on Wednesday if they don't get you squared away by then.
notice the Negative from the battery goes to the starter body(big body), and the positive goes to the solenoid(small body)

justinn

This is how your starter should look.... nothing should be connected to the output wire of the solenoid that goes to the starter except for the starter itself. There are 2 additional wires IIRC that MUST be connected to the solenoid and starter for the + and - to the control box, in Addition to the trigger wire for the solenoid that looks like you had hooked up.

Attachments

Vic_949

This is how your starter should look.... nothing should be connected to the output wire of the solenoid that goes to the starter except for the starter itself. There are 2 additional wires IIRC that MUST be connected to the solenoid and starter for the + and - to the control box, in Addition to the trigger wire for the solenoid that looks like you had hooked up.
So that red arrow p
i know that should it be red or black to connect the slave to the starter p55Y2n or the red arrow pointing to the black wire is the p55Y2n?

Vic_949

J15 is the slave. The pos side of the slave goes to the pos side of BT1. The neg side of the slave goes to the ground stud. There, wire #P55Y24 goer from the ground stud to the starter
View attachment 891993
Please keep in mind that this is all off the top of my head. The slave +(P50K2) can also connect to the BT1+ or the + side on the solenoid(this is how mine is run on the 003a). Hopefully it helps you to differentiate the wires.
thank you so much this helps alot

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
@Vic_949 ,

I think you have gotten a lot of answers - but I don't think we have answered the NATO wiring question that you had when I explained what a Slave Port was for. My apologies.

What you need to know - from the Slave Port:
The single pin that pokes out is the POSITIVE Post
The "sleeve" part of the NATO connector (about 1 1/2 diameter) is the NEGATIVE Contact.

Picture below is of the Slave Cable

1677595029625.png

This is the NATO Connector that will be on the outside of your generator.
The Center Post = Positive
The ring just under the TI2000-227 numbers will be Negative (Ground)

1677595387210.png

EDIT: If you need an ADAPTER to convert from single pin to double bin, information is below.

1677598064002.png

1677598188702.png

Last edited:

justinn

@Vic_949 ,

I think you have gotten a lot of answers - but I don't think we have answered the NATO wiring question that you had when I explained what a Slave Port was for. My apologies.

What you need to know - from the Slave Port:
The single pin that pokes out is the POSITIVE Post
The "sleeve" part of the NATO connector (about 1 1/2 diameter) is the NEGATIVE Contact.

Picture below is of the Slave Cable

View attachment 892004
I could be mistaken, but that looks like an 8xx slave port. If memory serves, the 003a is a round 2pin(side by side pins) instead of the round single pin.