• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep003A

kipman

What direction should I rotate the engine, it is the engine only, trying to see if it will have oil pressure, I am standing looking at the ring gear, injection pump on the right. would I spin it to the right?

derby

I think from the fly wheel end you would turn it counter clockwise. I uncrated one of mine today, siezed up tight with Iraqi sand in the intake and the oil looks like tar.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM states clockwise rotation from the blower wheel side when setting fuel flow and IP timing. So derby is correct, counter-clockwise from the flywheel.

PeterD

no need gimp, got mine, slave cabel will not help us, was going to turn it over with my impact to check oil pressure.
Careful: I've seen snapped off parts trying to turn over engines with impact wrenches. If you want to check for oil pressure, the starter is what I'd use, most starter spin fast enough to generate idle oil pressure without any problems.

Also, spin clockwise from front of engine (where the 'fan' (and accessories such as alternators), if there is one, is usually located). From the flywheel then counter-clockwise, but there are exceptions, of course!