• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep004 reverse power?

coalminer11

I have a mep 004 thats been working great until last week when my power went off at home I fired my genset up like i have many
times before about hr later it shut down showing reverse power anybody have this problem?

coalminer11

Is there any chance that commercial power had returned and your generator was connected to it?
no my power was off for almost a week so it wasn't that I'm thinking it may have to do with the voltage regulator or something like that because when I increase the throttle to increase the hz to 60hz the voltage goes over 300 and thats when it shuts down and also the main circuit is staying closed

Guyfang

Staff member
no my power was off for almost a week so it wasn't that I'm thinking it may have to do with the voltage regulator or something like that because when I increase the throttle to increase the hz to 60hz the voltage goes over 300 and thats when it shuts down and also the main circuit is staying closed
When it shuts down, does the reverse power light come on again? Because the only time that relay comes into play is when you parallel one or more gen sets to the base set, (first gen set). It sounds to me that maybe in fact the power came back on for a short period again, and the relay kicked the set off. It also sounds like it could have damaged your set. Also you say "the main circuit is staying closed". You mean CB2? And is it open or closed if you shut the set off and try and start it again? What I mean is, is it stuck closed ALL the time?

87Nassaublue

If you were still connected to incoming shore power and then connected your generator to power your house, You could have been back feeding power to your neighbors. By the same token, one of your neighbors could have done the same as you and fired up a generator while still connected to shore power and backfed power into your generator. If you were still connected to shore power when you were running your generator and still connected to the same power grid, all sorts of bad things can happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks