• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep004A no crank, no fuel pump

LEYDEN EMD

Hello All
Has anyone ever run into a no crank and no fuel pump or fuel gauge. However the fault panel does come on and panel lights work. There is power to the start switch and power out in on and crank position. This on a MEP004a. There is also power to starter relay Battery terminal but not even a click when switch in crank position.

212sparky

Check the speed switch below the air cleaner. It has normally open and closed contacts that interlock with several different systems.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

212sparky

Also check all grounds. I had issues with a few small grounds not making good circuits and it did not want to start.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LEYDEN EMD

Never thought of speed switch, Will check it out. I am worried that a critter got in there and chewed a wire, but don't see any signs yet. This unit was running before it sat for awhile.

Guyfang

Staff member
The S9, (speed switch) is the first place to look with these symptoms. Reset the switch with the button. If it still will NOT crank, remove J37 canon plug from the S9. Insert a paper clip into pins A&B. Then try and crank it over. If the engine cranks, the S9 is bad. Is it a mech S9, or an solid state S9?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks