• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005 will not flash

s011883

Hello. I have a 30 kw generator that will not flash by itself. If you take a 9 volt battery and manually flash the generator on the side, It will start producing power and continue until you shut it off. I've sent the speed switch and exciter box to Delk's to check it out. He put them on a running unit and said there is nothing wrong with them. How should I proceed? The military must have had the same problem, because the speed switch is brand new. I also checked all the wiring and everything checked out ok.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the excited box out and take off the cover. Tighten each and every screw or bolt. I had a unit that had the same problem. There where a couple of screws that where loose and would make intermitant contact.

s011883

I have done it both ways, but just for a split second, and then it will take off. I have also taken the exciter apart, checked every connection, and the bolts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395285331.166610.jpg