• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP006A will not continue to run

Ed Elam

I have an MEP006A that when I first got it, it started and ran fine produced 120/208, but the frequency was low it took me a while to find the throttle, and when I did I opened it up to wide, the generator shut down on overvoltage and now will not stay running unless I hold the run/start switch in start. I can start it and turn the battle short switch on and it continues to to run. I checked the over speed switch, seems good, checked pins A and B, continuity, checked pins G and H, continuity, checked pin F and J, A and C, D and E, open. Any help?

Ed Elam

But if the pressure sensing switch were bad it doesn't matter if the pressure gauge is reading correctly.
First let me thank y’all for your quick response and advice, I’m new to this site and it looks like everyone is quite willing to help. I’m an electrician by trade, but not familiar with this generator. I will search the manual I have downloaded for this generator for the oil pressure sensing switch tomorrow

Ed Elam

First let me thank y’all for your quick response and advice, I’m new to this site and it looks like everyone is quite willing to help. I’m an electrician by trade, but not familiar with this generator. I will search the manual I have downloaded for this generator for the oil pressure sensing switch tomorrow
I’m not getting 24 volts to the oil pressure switch, I’m getting 24 volts through K2, but lose it before it gets to the oil pressure switch.

Ed Elam

Next question. When you start it, and flip up the S7 switch, what idiot light come on.
It will continue to run if I press the battle short switch S7, but no lights come on. I did press the reset on the over speed switch, it did not seem like it was tripped, and I’m getting continuity through it25E4DCEC-0C16-4BA5-B96D-573E10B0DEA1.jpeg

Guyfang

Staff member
And when you use the press to test on the fault indicator, all the lights, light up?

How do you know K2 is getting DCV? Where did you test it at? Did you also test to see if K2 contacts are working?