• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep006a won't produce power

Militaryman

Hi all,
Need some help.
Tried to get help from other posts with no luck.
I have 3 MEP006A.
1 runs great.
2 of them had missing boxes.
I took the boxes from the running one to test the other 2.
They both runs great but wont generate power. when i hook up a saw ,it turns very very slow.
Now, when i put the boxes back in the 1st one it's doing the same thing

Dont have any other idea's

Really need someone to help me.

Thank you.../.

Last edited:

R Racing

What 2 boxes are missing? can you take pictures of the 2 boxes? have you flashed the field after adding boxes to units without? Have you checked to see if your overspeed button is popped on the speed switch? can you give us more info?

Militaryman

Hi,
first, sorry but i don't know much about them, so please understand me and explain it in simple steps.
We took the 3 boxes that are behind the panel.
i dont know what is flashing the field? And where is the speed sensor located?

thank you very much for helping.

R Racing

Would still like a picture of the missing boxes. When you start the gen or if it's already running turn the start switch ( as if you were going to engage the starter) if all is set up right the starter will not engage. Hold the switch for about 30 seconds to a min. This will flash the feild. You should see the gauges move to operating levels if you have the rpm set correctly. On the side of the engine is a cylinder shape unit that has a connector and cable coming out of the back. On it is a reset button. Do us both a favor and provide more information ( picures . Description). And read up on the manuals ( there a ton of help) . There in the TM section in here.I no longer have a mep-006a so I can't go out and look at mine .

Militaryman

Here are 2 pictures.
1 is for the generator with the boxes and the other is for the one with out the boxes.

I tried To flash the field with no luck, also push the reset button one the speed sensor as well with no luck.

I also notice that the indicator panel is not working as well , and it worked before.

So either i burned something when took the boxes to the other genset or i don't know what happen.

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

R Racing

Not a clue. I would recommend following the schematic in the TM . you should be able to follow where and wherenot you have power and that should show you where the problem is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks