• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep531a mounting plate nsn

Fofivem

Anyone have an issue with just getting the nsn for engine mounting plate on this type of generator. I need help. Im calling the company tomorrow to see if they can help.

Guyfang

Staff member
The TM shows Figure 8, Item #7, as Part # 95-8052. This part number has nothing to do with the air filter. When looked up in the back of the TM, this part # is linked to a resister. I looked back three versions of TM's. Same listings. Then I looked at the SMR Code. And that explains it all. The XBFZZ SMR Code tells you:

XB If an item is not available from salvage, order it using the CAGEC and part number.

So if the CAGEC code is not stamped on the air filter cover, or you do not know who makes the air filter housing, you are screwed.

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is the round filter mounting plate that attaches to the air preheater, you can just get a piece of eighth inch aluminum and make your own. It doesn't even have to be perfectly round. Drill enough holes for the engine to get enough air, and leave a strip of metal across the center to attach a bolt to hold the filter. Remember most of the mounting screws on the Yanmar are metric.

Fofivem

If it is the round filter mounting plate that attaches to the air preheater, you can just get a piece of eighth inch aluminum and make your own. It doesn't even have to be perfectly round. Drill enough holes for the engine to get enough air, and leave a strip of metal across the center to attach a bolt to hold the filter. Remember most of the mounting screws on the Yanmar are metric.
Thanks but no thanks. I don't even think that is allowed. Appreciate it anyway.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well thats in the TM. Do you know any other nsns?

The TM shows Figure 8, Item #7, as Part # 95-8052. This part number has nothing to do with the air filter. When looked up in the back of the TM, this part # is linked to a resister. I looked back three versions of TM's. Same listings. Then I looked at the SMR Code. And that explains it all. The XBFZZ SMR Code tells you:

XB If an item is not available from salvage, order it using the CAGEC and part number.

So if the CAGEC code is not stamped on the air filter cover, or you do not know who makes the air filter housing, you are screwed.

I will expand here. You need to go to the front of the Repair parts section of the TM. Start on TM page# 116. Read about the SMR Code. The first two letters are the Source Code. Any SMR Code that starts with a "P" is good. You want to see that. It means the military considered the part important enough to STOCK it. Stocked parts get NSN's. A Source Code that starts with a "K" is also good. That part is NOT stocked, nor is there a NSN. BUT, the "K" Source Code tells you to order the NEXT higher Item. That is the item that CONTAINS the part you want. Its not stocked because that next higher item is a Pluck n' Chuck. You don't fix it, just replace it. The "M" Source code is kinda like the "K", in that you can order various parts, to MANUFACTURE the part you want. The Source code "A" is kinda, a little bit, like the "K" and "M". Now we get to your Source code. Code "W". When ever you see that code, the part is NOT stocked, there is NO NSN, the Part Number is often no good, and as I wrote above,

The key word here is salvage. If you were on active, there is a way around this rule. But you are probably not active duty. SO, you need to get one from someone parting out a gen set, or like Dieselmeister wrote, make one.

Fofivem

Well thats in the TM. Do you know any other nsns?

I will expand here. You need to go to the front of the Repair parts section of the TM. Start on TM page# 116. Read about the SMR Code. The first two letters are the Source Code. Any SMR Code that starts with a "P" is good. You want to see that. It means the military considered the part important enough to STOCK it. Stocked parts get NSN's. A Source Code that starts with a "K" is also good. That part is NOT stocked, nor is there a NSN. BUT, the "K" Source Code tells you to order the NEXT higher Item. That is the item that CONTAINS the part you want. Its not stocked because that next higher item is a Pluck n' Chuck. You don't fix it, just replace it. The "M" Source code is kinda like the "K", in that you can order various parts, to MANUFACTURE the part you want. The Source code "A" is kinda, a little bit, like the "K" and "M". Now we get to your Source code. Code "W". When ever you see that code, the part is NOT stocked, there is NO NSN, the Part Number is often no good, and as I wrote above,

The key word here is salvage. If you were on active, there is a way around this rule. But you are probably not active duty. SO, you need to get one from someone parting out a gen set, or like Dieselmeister wrote, make one.
Im active. And that is good to know. Thank for going above and beyond. I will keep this information.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you are active, and can not find the part in the CAN Point, (Canablzation Point) or DRMO call your local CECOM LAR. He can help. Or you can try the exception I spoke of.

If an item is not available from salvage, order it using the CAGEC and part number.

Order it on a DA form 1348-6, with exceptional data. Some folks call it a NON NSN requisition form, or an "Off Line" requisition form. Easyest would be to get your LAR involved. Thats what they get paid for.

Fofivem

Ive never heard of the CAN point. I'll try and ask the LAR people next time. Sometimes even they don't have an answer. I call myself using this site as a resource first. I call them when I am just stumped. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks