• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A Does not crank Hurricane on its way.

Rangatira

MEP 803a does not crank. Power available at CB-1. Main switch voltage across #6 is 25vdc in stop and 0 at prime/run. The relays and fuel pump do not click. Generator started and ran fine 2 days ago with a normal shutdown after a 2 hour load test. No warning/alarm lights. Fuel level is high. Oil level is still showing on dipstick. Visible fuses are good. Any help? I have a hurricane heading this way next week. The deadcrank worked intermittently but I pulled the switch and when it is on normal mode the circuit is closed between 2 and 3 I have voltage. When I jump terminal 1 and 2 on the deadcrank I get no response. I have good voltage on #2.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Connect your meters negative lead to chassis ground. Stud on right side of the back wall behind the gauges.
CB1 IN, Emergency Switch Pulled Out, Dead Crank in NORMAL.

Measure the DC voltage at the following points in this order with S1 in Prime/Run
1) Right big stud on MT4 behind the gauge panel
2) Left big stud on MT4 behind the gauge panel
3) The right side of CR1 in the back left corner behind the gauge panel (The labeling of the parts there can be confusing)
4) The left side of CR1 in the back left corner behind the gauge panel
5) Terminal 2 of the Dead Crank Switch
6) Terminal 3 of the Dead Crank Switch
7) Both used terminals on the Emergency Off Button
8 ) Both terminals of CB1
9) Terminal 2 of S1
10) Terminal 4 of S1
11) Terminal 6 of S1
12) Terminal 8 of S1
13) Terminal 3 of S1

Let us know what you get for DC voltage at all those points with S1 in Prime/Run.

Rangatira

See below for values. Is there a drawing for s1. I can not see terminal 2.

1) Right big stud on MT4 behind the gauge panel--25.3vdc
2) Left big stud on MT4 behind the gauge panel-25.3vdc
3) The right side of CR1 in the back left corner behind the gauge panel (The labeling of the parts there can be confusing)-nil
4) The left side of CR1 in the back left corner behind the gauge panel-nil
5) Terminal 2 of the Dead Crank Switch-1v
6) Terminal 3 of the Dead Crank Switch-1v
7) Both used terminals on the Emergency Off Button-1.1v
8 ) Both terminals of CB1-1.1v
9) Terminal 2 of S1 can not locate
10) Terminal 4 of S1-1v
11) Terminal 6 of S1-1v
12) Terminal 8 of S1-1v
13) Terminal 3 of S1-1v

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like power is not getting from MT4 terminal 1 to CR1. Wire number 112A is attached to MT4 terminal 1. The other end of wire 112A is soldered to the right post that CR1 is soldered to. You need to check wire 112A to see why power isn't getting from MT4 terminal 1 to the right diode of CR1.
The wire number is printed on the insulation of all wires. You may need to cut a few zip ties to find the wire number.

Last edited:

Rangatira

Roger. I just jumped it long enough to hear the pump test. That's the issue. Can you send me a PM. I have a guy locally that has the diodes since I deploy on Monday, but I would like to talk to you about your remote starts. There are 3 of us on the ship that use these as our house backups. Thank you for everything.

Guyfang

Staff member
See below for values. Is there a drawing for s1. I can not see terminal 2.

1) Right big stud on MT4 behind the gauge panel--25.3vdc
2) Left big stud on MT4 behind the gauge panel-25.3vdc
3) The right side of CR1 in the back left corner behind the gauge panel (The labeling of the parts there can be confusing)-nil
4) The left side of CR1 in the back left corner behind the gauge panel-nil
5) Terminal 2 of the Dead Crank Switch-1v
6) Terminal 3 of the Dead Crank Switch-1v
7) Both used terminals on the Emergency Off Button-1.1v
8 ) Both terminals of CB1-1.1v
9) Terminal 2 of S1 can not locate
10) Terminal 4 of S1-1v
11) Terminal 6 of S1-1v
12) Terminal 8 of S1-1v
13) Terminal 3 of S1-1v
There is a schematic on the gen set door. It shows you S-1. There is also schematics in the TM's.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks