• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A Low Voltage

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I have a dual MEP803A setup and cannot get a voltage reading higher than 212 vac across any combination of outputs on either generator. I have the voltage adjustment maxed. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are you measuring the voltage? With a meter at the terminals?

If you have time please measure the voltage at the terminals. L1 - L2, L1 - L3, L2 - L3. Then measure each L1, L2, and L3 to L0.

This will help troubleshoot that your reconnection switch is in the correct position and functioning correctly.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm completely ignorant. What is the reconnection switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I know what the selector switch is. I'll check it tomorrow and also write down the voltage across the different legs. I need to make sure this thing is working. We may lose power as a result of the hurricane.

Thanks everyone!

Russ

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
On the regulator module is a small adjustment screw. I usually set the front panel adjustment to mid range and then adjust the regulator. It's a sensitive adjustment. Only turn it a hair at a time.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all who responded. Got both generators dialed in to 60Hz and putting out a full 240 volts. Looks like we're going to need them.

Thanks again, you guys are the bomb!

Russ

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all who responded. Got both generators dialed in to 60Hz and putting out a full 240 volts. Looks like we're going to need them.

Thanks again, you guys are the bomb!

Russ
For the sake of future forum questioners... HOW did you fix it? :)

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I located the phase selector switch behind the control panel which was set to 3 phase, changed it to 120/240 single phase, and adjusted the adjustment screw on the regulator module.

Works perfect now.

Russ

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I located the phase selector switch behind the control panel which was set to 3 phase, changed it to 120/240 single phase, and adjusted the adjustment screw on the regulator module.

Works perfect now.

Russ
Howdy,
It sounds like you watched the video and said "a haw! I forgot the phase selection" :whistle:

Guyfang

Staff member
Perhaps, in your spare time, you might download the Operaters manual and give it a quick look see. You might not have time later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks