• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A Picked It Up Today

USAMilRet

Bought my cable connectors for gen to house connections. Did not feel that 50 amp connectors were sufficient so I decided to up to 60 amp connectors to stay 'legal' per NEC, as these genset can push 13500kw or 56+ amps at 240VAC. This means that I went from residential to industrial connectors which are pin and sleeve. So IP67 watertight pin and sleeve connectors should fit the bill on these connections. Ouch! I've seen a 60A Hubble P&S plug go for $350 each!!! And I need 5 pieces.

As I decided to stay 'mobile' instead of permanent installation, I need a connector at the genset, from the genset to the supply line, supply line to panel box, panel box connector, and one more plug for my genset connection to my hard wired load bank input. Hubble and other manufacturers pin and sleeve connectors must be made of gold for the prices they want. So I found an overseas source (NOT China or other Asian) that has the IP67 connectors for about 1/3 to 1/2 the price, so I saved about $300 on the connectors. Still a big hit for connections but if you are going to do it, do it right the first time. Some will say overkill but I disagree. For the potential 30 to 60 days without grid power, I want my connectors to be adequate to the task and it allows me to stay as a 'temporary' connection.

I need the wire and I decided on SOOW or Type W cable. Whichever I can find 100 ft at the least cost delivered.

Panel interlock is also on the way. Should keep me busy for awhile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks