• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP804 - Central Florida

BPR1082

Good day. Any local Orlando Mechanics that can work on MEP804 in this forum?

I pulled out my MEP804 from storage (it was pulled out recently for Helene) and was properly functioning in preparation for use. Now have the unit ready to turn on, however, I'm getting more coolant drippings in the bottom than normal. Checked all the hoses for lose connections, dry rot, etc and seem all to be fine. After running for 10-15 mins, notice a lot of spitting of fluid in the cavity. Opened up the battery compartment access door and see more steady leaking. thoughts?

IMG_1227.PNG IMG_1226.PNG
IMG_1225.PNG

BPR1082

Thanks @ Guyfang. I was sending video and pictures from a friend that worked on MEPs that no longer lives in Orlando, and he was like, looks like a bad seal on the water pump or bad thermostat..... If I lose power with this Milton -- do I chance an run this with a load on it?

Guyfang

Staff member
Take a look at the thermostat. Its an easy gasket to make. We used TM cover or gasket material. I might even try some sort of smear on gasket stuff, or even RTV, if I could. It is not hard to get at. If its the pump, see where its coming from. maybe something loose? hose or clamp. If ya gotta run it leaking, then you need to keep a weather eye on it. If the coolant gets low, toss in water. When the whole Milton thing is over, fix it right and put coolant back in it. Keep us informed. My clock is 6-7 hours different than yours, but I will try and look at the computer more often in the next few days anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks