• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP804B - no start

MstrFiksIt

Back to the basics. Once i figured out the low voltage light was the relay but the generator would still shut down after about 30 to 60 seconds I also noticed that it was hard to start if you immediately reset and hit the start key. I did a little investigation and found one of the fuel hoses was collapsing and cutting off the supply. now the engine starts and stays running and with a few adjustments I am putting out the right amount of power. no if I can find a new relay for the over/under voltage everything will be back to normal. I want to thank you Guyfang for two things. your invaluable help with finding information and forcing me to look stuff up and find it more or less on my own. future problems with this thing will be much better solved with the knowledge you shared with me.

Gary

Billy2642

Back to the basics. Once i figured out the low voltage light was the relay but the generator would still shut down after about 30 to 60 seconds I also noticed that it was hard to start if you immediately reset and hit the start key. I did a little investigation and found one of the fuel hoses was collapsing and cutting off the supply. now the engine starts and stays running and with a few adjustments I am putting out the right amount of power. no if I can find a new relay for the over/under voltage everything will be back to normal. I want to thank you Guyfang for two things. your invaluable help with finding information and forcing me to look stuff up and find it more or less on my own. future problems with this thing will be much better solved with the knowledge you shared with me.

Gary
what diode did you end up replacing? I think I'm having the same issue. When I try to start the machine from the master switch, I just hear the relays clicking but the engine doesn't crank. It will crank all day long from the dead crank switch. I can jump the solenoid and the motor starts right up. The machine also excited the generator field when I rotate and release the master switch. I've tried replacing the crank relay and no change. The only thing else I can think of is the diode but I'm not sure which one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks