• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP804B - undervoltage

Dubie

Got this unit in the shop for fault showing undervoltage. I spoke with another gen mechanic that started off but didn't have a multimeter with him, he said to look at the MPU or the settings behind the panel. I've never worked on 804 before, and am thinking to look at the voltage regulator itse;f. I don't have lvl 2 manual and honestly I'm not sure where to find it or what reading to check for. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Dubie

I looked through TMs and so far I have only found lvl 10 and the engine manual.

Right now, I have no power going to the fuel injector pump assembly. According to the schematic, I should check K15 (starting relay) , K2 (cranking relay) , CR2 (field flash diode), R14 (field flash resistor) and A6 (the governor actuator itself). I haven't done any of that in nearly 5 years and without the book, I don't remember what readings I'm checking for. Does anyone knows on top of their head?

The engine cranks but fails to turn over to start. We jumped it just by sending power to the pump assy itself and it fired right up. The cables leading to it's plug have no voltage reading coming from them so it's somewhere on it's path. I have lights coming to the main panel on the unit so I know its somewhere there
diagram.jpegpartial schematic.jpegschematic.jpege

Attachments