• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep805a voltage reg kit.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transformer in the second picture is not the transformer you need to check. In the picture is the current transformer. That one stays the same regardless if Libby or TRC.
Dud the set come with a bad Libby regulator in it or was it missing?

Rikjames92

The transformer in the second picture is not the transformer you need to check. In the picture is the current transformer.
OK so the T1 I changed is all need to change in that part of the generator. I also soldered a new rheostat. Can you help me locate r16?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the part numbers for the Libby based voltage regulator setup

Libby Volt Regulator 6110-01-363-0493 P/N: 122-3054
Libby Volt Adjust Rheostat 5905-00-556-3350 P/N: 10K Ohms
Libby R16 Resister 5905-00-106-9354 P/N: 3K Ohms
Libby Power Transformer 5950-01-370-3328 122-7182

Rikjames92

Here are the part numbers for the Libby based voltage regulator setup

Libby Volt Regulator 6110-01-363-0493 P/N: 122-3054
Libby Volt Adjust Rheostat 5905-00-556-3350 P/N: 10K Ohms
Libby R16 Resister 5905-00-106-9354 P/N: 3K Ohms
Libby Power Transformer 5950-01-370-3328 122-7182
All my part numbers match. I have no voltage at the output terminals. I Must have a different problem then. I will proceed to troubleshoot. Thank you for your help.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have power at the outlet?
If so then the issue is the contactor isn't closing when you lift and release the contactor switch.
When running press the contactor lamp to test the light and see if it illuminates.
If it does lift and hold the up switch and see if the lamp illuminates.
If you release the switch does the lamp stay on or go out?

Rikjames92

Do you have power at the outlet?
If so then the issue is the contactor isn't closing when you lift and release the contactor switch.
When running press the contactor lamp to test the light and see if it illuminates.
If it does lift and hold the up switch and see if the lamp illuminates.
If you release the switch does the lamp stay on or go out?
You mean the s5 switch and light?

Rikjames92

I replaced a5 and it didn't make a difference. The frequency is not responding to the R2 switch being turned. I tried testing the A1 by removing wire 141A and probing between that in terminal 3 on the A1 and got less than 2 voltDCs. Tried the same thing on terminal 10 and 11 and got 107 VAC. It's a new regulator kit which makes me think that wasn't my problem to begin with

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Magnetic Pickup Unit. It's a sensor screwed into the bellhousing and senses the lobes of the flywheel whizzing by and generates an AC voltage with varying frequency. The frequency it send out is used by the A5 to know what the engine RPM is.

Rikjames92

Magnetic Pickup Unit. It's a sensor screwed into the bellhousing and senses the lobes of the flywheel whizzing by and generates an AC voltage with varying frequency. The frequency it send out is used by the A5 to know what the engine RPM is.
Good looking out! I'll check. Look what happens when I get myself into a government job 😅

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks