• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP831A 6 hours No Start, Any First Start Gotchas?

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I have a NEW MEP831A which is showing 6 hours. Ive been through the manual with Crank No Start troubleshooting and everything seems ok.

- Im powering the Genset from a 24v Slave cable from a HMMWV..
- Turns over vigorously
- Electric Fuel fump is running..
- Checked for fuel to the Engine from the electrical fuel pump into a bottle to be sure its getting fuel.
- loosened the hardline from the mechanical fuel pump on engine to see if it needed to be bled, but didn't see any fuel coming out at all
- remove the hardline from the fuel pump to the injector to see if fuel is making it through the fuel pump on the engine, and no fuel
- The Fuel Control Arm is moving and its set to start..

should I be seeing a squirt of fuel from the mechanical pump on cranking... seems to me I should..

thoughts?

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok update,,, Pulled the Mechanical fuel pump and found that it was 1) frozen up, stiff and 2) wasn't properly connected in the slot for the control arm. I worked it a bit and freed it up and reinstalled making sure it was engaged in the control arm slot...

did a quick test and fuel was squirting from the mechanical fuel pump... hooked it all back up and we are running...

thanks for the sounding board.. :)

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok update,,, Pulled the Mechanical fuel pump and found that it was 1) frozen up, stiff and 2) wasn't properly connected in the slot for the control arm. I worked it a bit and freed it up and reinstalled making sure it was engaged in the control arm slot...

did a quick test and fuel was squirting from the mechanical injector... hooked it all back up and we are running...

thanks for the sounding board.. :)
Wow! Can't ask for anything better than that.
Congratulations

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thoroughly convinced that you won't get resolution until you reach out... the second you do, it pops in your head..

AND

Anything with low hours/miles in the surplus channel has a manufacturing defect. I bought an m1088 with 20 miles once... thought.. wtf.. turns out the check valves on the airsystem were backwards. The wrong parts were installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks