• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP831A- Have Question ON Starter Operation

camoken

This is my first time posting, so I hope I don't screw it up too bad...
I just bought an MEP831A. Everything seems to work fine except when I start it, the engine won't fire while I
hold the toggle in the start position, no matter how long, but will fire as soon as I let it go back to run.
Any Suggestions? (I know, at least it starts and runs.)

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine used to act similar to what your describing, take a look at the actuator when you are trying to starting it. Mine would not lift off of magnet and when i would let off the starter it would bounce off of magnet. Hopefully this helps, pictures/video speak a million words. Do you have a TM for the set?

camoken

Thanks for responding. I do have a TM and I understand what you are saying. I will take a look, hopefully tomorrow.How did you fix it? adjustment?
I am new to the MEP831A, so I'm not all that familiar with it yet, but I'm reading and learning... I will read about it before I tweak anything.
I am also in the middle of removing/ rebuilding injection pump on my MEP002A... Gotta keep busy to stay outta trouble.. Thank You For The Help, I'll let you know what I find..

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my unit it was caused by the mechanical governor speed control knob coming lose and shifted closer to the stop position. I fixed it by placing the mechanical governor speed control knob in START position and tightened. Sorry I left this out of last post.

camoken

Afghan Vet 2010, Thanks for your input, you were correct. The magnet was hanging closed just like you said. On one start just the engine bouncing separated the magnets and it fired as normal. I'll go over the procedure to adjust the linkage. Thanks again. I wish they were all that easy....

Guyfang

Staff member
Take your time doing the readjustment! Better to adjust it several times, just a hair at a time, testing in between. It can be a PITA.

camoken

Guyfang, Thanks for the advice. I hope to play with it next week. I am still working on my IP from my MEP002A. I'd like to finish that one before I look at the 831.This is my first attempt at rebuilding an IP and I have spent many days and evenings reading the posts about outer members having the same problems and questions. It is amazing how much information can be found on this site thanks to members like you..

Guyfang

Staff member
I just posted in the manuals upload section simple instructions on how to setup and adjust the governor for the MEP-831A. I think its easier to follow then the TM, and if you print it out, (its one page) easier to look at then the TM or computer screen. Got it from a "friend". Thanks dude!

camoken

Guyfang, I can't seem to find the governor adjustment procedure. I looked under TECHNICAL MANUALS and found the other three MEP831A manuals you posted. Am I looking in the wrong place?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks