• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep831a keeping the lights on.

DD58

Hey everyone since I got my 832 up and going she has her first real test today. The remanence of hurricane Ida rolled though late yesterday through this morning. As luck has it my house is with out power from 10pm Wednesday and at 2pm Thursday still no power if sight.
The old girl has been running steady since 530am. I don’t have it wired to a transfer which yet. What I did was throw together 2 outlets in a box ran some 10/2 to the terminals. Ran a few extension cords to the fridge and tv and 2 lights. It’s enough to be comfortable and watch Netflix. Oh and yes I have everything on its own surge protector. I had to use all 3 of my rockford Fosgate protectors so everything is safe.
Next month is when my electrician is scheduled to install a 50amp receptacle and a manual transfer switch.
Here’s some photos of her cranking away. There almost no load now the refrigerator is cold again and there’s no lights on just the tv and a modem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD58

Manual transfer or ATS is the way to go when you have time.

Murphy’s Law.
Since I’ve installed an interlock with my MEP-802A we have had only brief power outages.

I thought about doing an interlock. I talked to the electrician about it and since I’m having a new main panel put in he said to just to a t.s. Now it will be easy install and won’t cost much more.
I wish I only had brief outages in losing count on how many total days just in the past 12 months I’ve lost power.

How’s the 802 do for you? I’m looking to maybe get an 802 or 803 next year.

DD58

Hahaha nice I’m going to look into an 802 I know there more wallet friendly than a 803 plus I still have the 831 if need be.

nonnieselman

I got a 003 last year and it's been a good one till this morning.
We lost power Sunday night and still have 2+ weeks they say till we get power back.

The 003 had a light blue smoke out of the exhaust when more than 50% load was applied. I knew I needed to check the oil level but I also knew Murphy was around. Cause he never fails.

Turned genset off and let it rest for 15 minutes then checked the oil. Added some to top it off. Cranked it back up and no AC power....

DD58

I got a 003 last year and it's been a good one till this morning.
We lost power Sunday night and still have 2+ weeks they say till we get power back.

The 003 had a light blue smoke out of the exhaust when more than 50% load was applied. I knew I needed to check the oil level but I also knew Murphy was around. Cause he never fails.

Turned genset off and let it rest for 15 minutes then checked the oil. Added some to top it off. Cranked it back up and no AC power....
Ouch that’s along time with no power. Check the relays I’m not familiar with the 003. I don’t think they have a fault panel. Maybe let it set for a few hrs and try again.

nonnieselman

Ouch that’s along time with no power. Check the relays I’m not familiar with the 003. I don’t think they have a fault panel. Maybe let it set for a few hrs and try again.

I wish it was that easy.
The resistor on the bridge rectifier assembly released its smoke.... :(

nonnieselman

Unfortunately no Connecticut. Did you put up a post looking for parts I’m sure someone on here can help.

Wow I didn't know Ida made it all the way up there.

Not yet. Was gonna watch my other thread tonight and then post up tomorrow a new one looking for the part.

DD58

Wow I didn't know Ida made it all the way up there.

Not yet. Was gonna watch my other thread tonight and then post up tomorrow a new one looking for the part.
Oh yeah it was wild here last night my area got about 5inches of rain over night. We got 50mph winds the lighting around 1 am was insane.
Not anywhere as bad as you got hit. I’m praying for everyone down there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks