• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep's from Ft Meade or Chambersburg to Chester county, PA

Ratch

edit: This is just about worked out.

I'm looking for a hand hauling up a trailer from Ft. Meade to PA...

Any chance someone local to Meade could pick it up and keep it in their driveway for a day or two?
I can meet just about anywhere on the route from PA to Meade.

Also, I need to pick up two 800lb items out of Chambersburg... That haul will be a pain in the arse, but if anyone could just get them off the GL lot for me, I'd be grateful and come pick them up around 8pm one evening or mid day saturday.

Just want to avoid as many days off work as possible. I have very little room for error trying to do both sites in one day.

Last edited:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK. No offense here, but why in the world did you bid on (and win) items that you knew you would not be able to recover yourself, without making previous arrangements with someone?

Ratch

No offense taken, I can recover them myself, but getting them in the evening or a saturday would be a lot easier. I misspoke, I want to avoid taking 2 days off from work if I can.
I'm not looking for anyone to be inconvenienced, more like asking for help if anyone's going that way. I apologize if I made it sound like I'm in a bind. I'm not desperate for help, it would just lighten my load.

I cast the net wide, and based on studying past sales at the same sites, figured the odds of winning any from different sites at my max collective bids were extremely slim. I was surprised... Some of these units went unbelievably higher than usual, too though, so I'd call it an oddball event. I should know by now, they're all oddball events.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I can see that. It has happened to many of us, me included. I would help if I could, but I'm not terribly close to Meade, and I haven't won anything lately. :(

Ratch

I have an appointment for the same day at each site, and the means to haul everything in one trip. Lucky me, I managed to cluster it with other time off work since they have soooooo many loadouts from that event, there's no way they'll get them all in the 10 day window.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks