• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mercedes-Benz M906LA Diesel

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up two diesel engines today.
One was a HMMWV 6.5NA and a rather large and heavy Mercedes-Benz M906LA diesel engine.
Both are in their military shipping containers.

Question is…….What in the world did the military use this Mercedes engine for?
I have struck out using the NSN.
I think it’s the 300 hp version, but can’t confirm that right now.

Will remove cover this weekend.
Have to have a friend bring over their big 110hp tractor to lift it off trailer.
It’s too heavy for my 60hp Yanmar tractor.

IMG_2142.jpegIMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2148.png

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you
All I kept finding was the NSN saying a diesel engine for a combat vehicle and that the Govt hasn’t bought any new engines in the last 5 years.

Not a common engine that I’m aware, but I don’t deal with any engines of this size. I sold my 5 tons long ago and they were Cummins.

It was a weird GSA auction and I was third bidder and didn’t even meet the auction reserve price.
Was wanting the 6.5L diesel.
Was awarded the auction since the first two bidders never responded or paid.
These were literally almost given away. Less than $100 for both.
Both were running takeouts supposedly.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great score! 👍
I was very surprised.
It wasn’t a high bid auction to begin with but I would have assumed they would have just sent them to auction again.
After a conversation with the site manager I understand why they didn’t do that.
Much easier and cheaper for a host of reasons to just get it off the books.

Now only if it had been a Cat or Cummins diesel………….

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks