• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mercedes Sprinter van vs M-35 rear end...

EwaMarine

Mercedes van driver "fell asleep" at 40 mph into the rear of a parked M-35...The deuce axle rear left side seems bent now...all else was minor...
unnamed (2).jpgunnamed van interior.jpgunnamed.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope no one was hurt!! Sorry about the truck....... it "bent" the axle??? Didn't just shift it forward? WOW!!

God bless,
Tony

dilligaf13

SS member Troll1216 had the same thing but an F150 was the "attack vehicle" in his incident. Broke a dog bone and a hub/axle shaft if I remember correctly. Get with him and he can walk you through what was damaged. It was covered by at fault vehicle drivers insurance, including the hefty tow bill....

EwaMarine

Its VERY hard to see, but the rear two tires on the impacted left side are pushed forward...the right side seems fine....lol kid driving van "fell asleep"...i suspect texting.....this is going to be a pain in the ass to fix, but it is better than loss of life or major damage to the M-35!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The van is for sure totaled.
I suspect the axle was dislodged from the spring pack on the deuce.
If you were anywhere else I say it was a cheap fix but parts may be harder to come by on the island.
It just shows that deuces are tougher than woodpecker lips.

Jakelc15

They're not that tough. I was in a similar accident a few years ago. Rear ended by a 1 ton van. Bent axle, frame, rims. Broke transmission. A lot more speed though, they guy that hit me was going so fast that the rear of his van came off the ground. His windshield was in the bed of my truck!
Check that truck out good. Make the insurance company put it on a big truck frame machine.
Glad no one was hurt too badly. I hope you get it fixed without much hassle.

infidel got me

It looks like the rear end of that van left the ground as well, heavy damage on roof high up, bent foot hold on tailgate.

Maybe end up a bob job if too much damage. Man, I see MR.MURPHY is visiting the islands this time of year. Either way,

hope you get her rolling soon.

Jeepsinker

What I worry about is the bed hold down bolts shearing off and the bed coming forward and cutting me in half along with the rest of the cab. Glad it wasn't too serious. I'm with the other guys in saying you have a bent dogbone or dislodged spring. That stuff gives a lot more than the axle tubes.

Jakelc15

When my truck was hit. It pushed the frame forward under the cab, shearing the bolts. The bed was still bolted tight to the bent frame.
Your lucky you weren't in the truck when it was hit. That metal dash is hard on the knees!

ke5eua

Ouch, that hurts to look at. Now you can join the "I've been in a mv/or had my mv rear-ended club." BTW, it's not a fun club, especially watching them tow it away.

Hope it gets fixed and no injuries were incurred.

Jakelc15 - Nope those metal dashes don't give when being rear ended. In my case I felt like the ball in a pinball machine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks