• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MERDC anyone?

wsucougarx

Hey guys I see tons of threads of guys painting to match the 3 color NATO camo pattern. Anyone paint their deuces with the 4 color camo pattern AKA MERDC?. I'm planning on repainting my '88 A2C but would like to see what she looks like after a nice paint job. Will end up painting the PU-650B/G to match the '88 as well.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Actually I was looking for freshly painted trucks. Just trying to see what the Gillespie paint looks like fresh. My truck is looking a bit faded like those pics. I found this on the back door of a M109A3 up at Fort Lewis and this got me going on the idea.
Funny looking at non-faded MERDC compared to the truck in the background with faded MERDC

Attachments

tm america

I don't have any recently painted truck pics but mine is the four color merdc now and i will be painting it the same befor ethe end of summer ... I was happy to see the colors are finally readily available now:razz:

DieselBob

I don't have any recently painted truck pics but mine is the four color merdc now and i will be painting it the same befor ethe end of summer ... I was happy to see the colors are finally readily available now:razz:
I will be interested to see how your deuce looks in fresh 4 color MERDC. I have been thinking about going to the Winter US & Europe-Verdant or Summer US & Europe-Verdant just for something a little different than the 3 color.

Welder Sam

Awesome. For my current ao, od is my pref. However, if i am lucky enough to tranfer to the phx area i would prefer something like his or more like isreali f16 camo. It is tan, brwn, and od. Would look nice there i think.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Actually, both the above pics are within a months time of each other, IIRC. The paint used on the truck is Aervo, sand, earth yellow, earth brown and black. There are 4 or 6 different versions of MERDC. Desert summer and winter have 2 or 3 versions alone. I am on my laptop so I can't post the particulars for the variations...they are in the TMs stored on the PC and the kiddos are using it right now.

Aervo fades kinda bad. The earth yellow fades to almost the color of the sand. Funny thing, I have a wheel on the truck now that is earth yellow painted by the military. It was sitting in a yard for years and isn't faded a bit.

wsucougarx

Never been a big fan of the 4 color woodland on vehicles. Not big on straight desert sand either. Im strange i spose
I was never a fan until I got my '88. Unlike the other MERDC trucks I had seen, the green on my '88 was still green rather than the blue-green I see most trucks with. When I saw the M109A3 door with the DK Forest Green and Brown my wheels got to spinning;-)

one eye

i would guess if u kept the truck indoors the paint will look fresh longer. my truck will soon have a shop to park in like my cj5. bein indoors in the wet puget sound makes the last longer and look better longer