• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meritor Wabco System Saver 1200 Plus Air Dryer on M939 trucks?

goldneagle

Has anyone installed a Meritor Wabco System Saver 1200 Plus Air Dryer on M939 trucks? I found a source for these that are pulls off MRAP trucks. Look like really nice units. Has a built in governor.

Attachments

Andrmorr

is there anything to be gained (or lost) by installing a second air dryer? One would think you can't have air that's too clean/dry and might help prevent a failure with redundancy...If so, where would be the best place in the air circuit to do so?

goldneagle

is there anything to be gained (or lost) by installing a second air dryer? One would think you can't have air that's too clean/dry and might help prevent a failure with redundancy...If so, where would be the best place in the air circuit to do so?
I was not trying to suggest the use of this as a 2nd air dryer. I just like to know if it can be used as an alternative / replacement to the existing air dryer. I know that some members have had issues with the original air dryers.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Our trucks have separate governors. Alot of newer vehicles have the air governor built into the dryer. Very popular on motor homes. The connections are different but im sure it could be converted. I just sold 100 of those cartridges on the cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks