• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metal tag on 6.2 Diesel

I have a 6.2 diesel out of an 85 M1009 that me and my Grandpa are going to be rebuilding and using for a project. We're wondering what a random tag is that we found on the engine. The tag is metal, about the size and shape of a dog tag, and located on one of the injector line clamps on one of the valve covers. It says, "EF202353." From my research, this is likely not a rebuild tag but could just be an identification tag. What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated though it is not imperative that we figure out what the tag means. Here are some pictures (sorry for the "dumbphone" quality :roll:):
0409142019.jpg0409142019a w-arrow.jpg
Thanks again guys!

Attachments

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say it might be the last part of the vin of what its out of n maybe I like this too +1 to anyone who recognizes my avatar!
I have been told I act just like him:naner: merdoc A team :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks