• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MG Mount Question

Baron3-6

Hi! I was wondering if someone with a real M24A3 mount could give me one measurement. I am making a "field modified" mount for my truck and need to know the height from the bed floor to the top of the socket that the cradle drops into. I plan on buying a socket piece and building my own mount and base plate.

On another note, I've noticed that pictures and stories of M-37's with M24A3 mounts are fairly rare. A friend of the family (Korean vet) was stationed in the Aleutian Islands during 1953-54. He said that they had M37's fitted with .50 cals to be used as patrol vehicles. Much time was spent engaging "aggressor aircraft" (seagulls) with the .50's!! Sadly, he has no pictures of the trucks because of the whole "if you take pictures of anything here we'll consider you a Soviet spy" way of thinking. He said the Dodge's were much better suited to the conditions in Alaska than most of the jeeps they had. If anyone is interested I will try to find out unit and or bumper codes they used.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd contact BMG parts and tell them what you are doing (be sure to ask what the socket costs) They have NOS mounts and i'll bet they'll measure one for you if they think you'll buy the socket from them (which you may).

68t

I not sure, what vehicle the m24a3 fit. What vehicle have you got a m37. I only seen one correct m37 mount, the man might still have it. You could get the measurment from him.Go to g503 tracked section. His name is 50 cal. shot gun new has the socket at a good price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks