• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mgFray's HMMWV from Minnesota

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent the day working on the replacement hood..

HMMWV-Hood - 1.jpeg
"New" hood from SECO. Clearly it was "fixed". (looks reasonably well, but there are a few places I needed to drill out as well as a few places where some body putty will be needed to fill some small holes.

HMMWV-Hood - 2.jpeg
First thing I did was install the hood bracing kit. I don't want this one to crack.

HMMWV-Hood - 3.jpeg
Everything except for the lights themselves is installed (or ready to go). I left the grill out since it makes it easier for me to lift it by myself.

HMMWV-Hood - 4.jpeg

Grill is painted, the under grill is ready to be attached. I should be able to get that finished in the morning and then get it mounted onto the HMMWV. I'll deal with the putty, paint touch up and installing the lights tomorrow.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progress.. Hood is installed, I (rattle can) painted the whole thing with Rapco... Not bad for my first attempt at a camo paint job. Paint by numbers, but with a bit more guess work. :)

Only thing left to do is replace the headlights, I want to use the Truck-lite 07496, but once of the two I ordered was DOA in the box. Need to RMA it and get a new one.

HMMWV-Hood - 3.jpegHMMWV-Hood - 4.jpeg

HMMWV-Hood - 1.jpeg
HMMWV-Hood - 2.jpeg

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got my pioneer tool kit done with a little woodworking help from my father.

Light stain, just to give some color to the handles. 5 coats of exterior polyurethane, 383 Green for the axe head, and the flat black for the shovel, and pick axe head. I think it came out really well, and if it does ever get wet (I don't intend to leave it on the HMMWV), it should survive without a problem.

IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4630.jpeg
IMG_4632.jpeg
IMG_4633.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks