• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mice and mep002a

dstang97

Update I bought "electrical cleaner" removed all the nest and dead mouse. I still get a wiff of death while next to my genset. At least it is all gone though

jimbo913

I had a problem in our RV. Found some holes under the sink where pipes and wires went through the side and bottom. Stuffed them with steel wool and expanding foam and so far so good. It seems to me that winter is when they decide to nest as they will drag in acorns and anything else they can find to survive.

no dropping visible in the RV last year after the steel wool spray foam so I guess I got all the holes. I have never found a 100% natural solution besides a good cat. I hate cleaning the litter box but without the cat in our house I know we would be infested where I live. He usually catches 1 per winter inside and we never hear or see any. He didnt catch any last year though.

fyi - I tried electronic repellers, moth balls and fresh cab and traps. Nothing worked like traps except keeping them out with steel wool and foam. Easier said than done on a genny.
I wanted to mount my 803 beside the house but I might just keep it on the trailer so it is slightly less likely to become a nest that way.