• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mice in my Convoy Lights

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After we finished installing the fittings/valves for the heater, we beat feet to the garage to open the box Mr. Fed Ex dropped off a few hours ago.

Thanks to my shipmates in chat for the tip on the lights.

Pretty nice opening New In the Box parts. Soldier B put on some plastic gloves because he discovered several rodent nests. With our trusty Toy Rat Terrier and Dalmatian standing by we opened everything up to see if there was any damage.

Luckily the military has their stuff packed very well and no parts were damaged. The mice seemed to have moved out either before or during shipping. Here's some pics.

Attachments

Pooch1128

I'm just not sure about the plastic gloves? I mean I'm quite sure Soldier B is required to work on mv's and has probably had worst the rat on his hands..... Now a shotgun or .45 might have been a better option...

FrankUSMC

We got a "cat" with our new farm here (old owners left her). I am not a cat person, but I do have alot of military canvas. Mice love canvas.
First week here, the "cat" brought me a dead mouse. I told her "you are now on payroll".
She brings me dead mice, and every morning at 0500, she comes to the back door and I feed her.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just not sure about the plastic gloves? I mean I'm quite sure Soldier B is required to work on mv's and has probably had worst the rat on his hands..... Now a shotgun or .45 might have been a better option...
Plastic gloves were for mice chit. Rat Terrier was for the mice. They had already moved out.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Convoy lights are together and waiting for a break in the rain to install on the truck. I built the first one, Soldier B took over after that. We were going to spray paint them TAN, but I'm working with Mark aka 100Dollarman aka Hundy to just paint the whole truck.

tm america

Sorry they're not the right color for you .You can just send then to me they will match my truck just fine:lol:Just think in a little bit you'll have every option on your truck

vtdeucedriver

Thanks for showing whats in the box. I owned a light kit once when they were $50.00 I held on to it for a long time and I realised that I would never use it so I sold it for $200.00 Wish I bought a bunch of them!!!!!

I did buy a bunch of 5 ton fording kits for the gasser. I mannaged to sell those a while back too and kept one!! Some day I may need that.

Good thing they dont have a "hoarders" show for MV's

bugei

Mouse hunting

sorry for the hijack, but....

pooch, nice OVERKILL NEVER FAILS!

i read your post and just imagined explaining to whyfe shooting the crap out of my house with a 45 and a shotgun trying to kill a mouse (or mouses). its a great visual

MOUSE HUNTING - actual image

Attachments

Last edited:

DieselBob

Convoy lights are together and waiting for a break in the rain to install on the truck. I built the first one, Soldier B took over after that. We were going to spray paint them TAN, but I'm working with Mark aka 100Dollarman aka Hundy to just paint the whole truck.
Just a thought. When I installed my convoy lights I feed them through a separate circuit breaker, original military style 15 amp, so if something went wrong it wouldn't kill my other power for the regular lights.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if the "READ THE TM" crowd noticed this pic. There's a full set of PRINTED deuce TMs on the shelf. I even printed the engine and tranny TMs and the M105 TMs. Maybe if I read them once in a while I wouldn't have someone posting 30 links every time I ask a question. I'm PROUD to be one of the 29,700 low posting noobs with no common sense.

:roll:

Attachments

DieselBob

Not sure if the "READ THE TM" crowd noticed this pic. There's a full set of PRINTED deuce TMs on the shelf. I even printed the engine and tranny TMs and the M105 TMs. Maybe if I read them once in a while I wouldn't have someone posting 30 links every time I ask a question. I'm PROUD to be one of the 29,700 low posting noobs with no common sense.
DUG, sorry if I hit a nerve. I did not intend to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks