• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MICE!?!?!?!

liljohn

After an all-too-long hiatus, I am back in the Deuce forum! Now that I'm home and can actually work on the truck again, I'm sure I'll be here more often with questions and pictures, etc. And my first submission is to post my first major observation upon returning to the deuce:

We have mice.

http://www.me.mtu.edu/~bjsikkem/Deuce/Mice1.jpg

http://www.me.mtu.edu/~bjsikkem/Deuce/Mice2.jpg

http://www.me.mtu.edu/~bjsikkem/Deuce/Mice3.jpg

Fantastic.... guess that's what I get for being away so long, eh? Well I'm sure they'll find a new home once I'm starting her up on a regular basis.... [^]

Opie

During my disasterous "Let's wash the seat covers" campaign (see Deuce tips & tricks) , I found what looked like a mouse nest in the driver's seat bottom and a mud dauber nest in the co-driver's seat bottom (both long dormant - thank heavens!).

liljohn

My biggest problem critter-wise up to this point has been wasps - when I first moved it into the barn I cleared out at least a dozen nests scattered about. It had been sitting dormant outside for quite a while at that point. Mice are annoying but wasps hurt!! [:)] Did it on a nice cool day, though, so none bothered me too much.

rdixiemiller

A little shot of ether (starting fluid) will drop them like a rock. The best way I have found to clean out the wasps is a shop vac. Make sure the filter is in place first. Take a 6-8' piece of 1 1/4" pvc pipe, duct tape to wand. Fire up shop vac. Get end of pipe close to nest, but do not touch! The wasps will attack the end of the pipe, get sucked into the shop vac. Once all residents have been sucked up, suck in a little sevin dust. Park the shop vac out in the sun for a couple of hours, end of operation. I cleaned out several large nests in a building once with this method. Works great!

OD_Coyote

I second the mothball trick. I have been using them in my shop and in my vehicles that do not get driven regularly for years and they work.

SixBuy

Looks like micey-deucey to me...

I pulled in to the hunting cabin around midnight one night and awoke the next morning to find the mice had removed enough of my cot pad to build a nest on the still warm IH engine outside!

The solid bar type mice/rat poison works well. Just tie one up under the frame and they'll find it, hopefully before they find how tasty wiring is!

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks