• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michelin 12.5 xls and air pressure

rockman

I have 12.5 xls singled on my truck. I got them balanced as best the truck shop could. They still bounce some. I lowered the tire pressure from 50 to 45 and it helped. Do you all think 40 would be too low? I don't haul much now so I am not worried about load capacity.

Bill

MV photo - Shanksville PA and a 900 series in the PA national guard

Attachments

MarcS

Bill, I've got 12.5" Michelins on my deuce too. On mine though I played around and ended up with 65 lbs in the fronts and 55 in the rears. I know the tires say otherwise but the tire guy I get my advice from said they'd be fine. So far so good and it handles fine. If you want to get them balanced though look on the Centramatic website. I bet they'd have something that would work if not directly bolt on.

Here's a YouTube link of my 12.5" tires at work (offroad I air them down to 20 lbs)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=SdN9DwkqVdg

Marc

MarcS

I used wheels off of a M34. Same width as a standard deuce wheel but a wider offset since the center is welded deeper in the wheel. I had 11.00's on before the Michelins so I already had the hubs turned around and liked the singles. The wheels are getting kind of hard to find though.

Marc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks