• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan 5-Ton Recovery Tomorrow

jeeplvr247

It looks like I will be headed up the the UP tomorrow to recover Camp9's M813. I have about a 400 mile trip back to my house and it should be a beautiful trip through northern Michigan this time of year. Can I get some contact information along the route from Garden to Rochester in case something should go wrong. I am crossing my fingers that the truck will be up to the task and it will go without a hitch but better safe than sorry. Any tips for the trip besides bringing a decent tool kit?5ton route.jpg

moose97

Ahh, man! I was looking at that truck a few months ago but just couldn't get the $$$ together... Enjoy it, and yeah, I'll be looking forward to seeing recovery pics. Congrats!

camp9

Their on their way. Great weather for traveling, winds are calm, not even any lake effect to deal with. Heres some pics of them heading out the driveway. IMG_2419.jpgIMG_2420.jpgIMG_2421.jpg

jeeplvr247

I am at my cottage in West Branch now. The truck ran great and we did not have any issues. It was a great drive through northern Michigan. I think taking that truck over the Mackinac Bridge was my personal highlight of 2012. Andy was great and very helpful to a dumb kid who has never driven a 5 ton before. I will be leaving for home tomorrow morning at about 8am and based on how the truck is running, I think it will be a smooth drive. Thanks for all the help from multiple members here, I will post pictures from the trip tomorrow. Thanks again and wish me well for the trip tomorrow.

camp9

Glad to hear everything is going good. Did you look through the grates on the bridge to the water? Have a safe trip the rest of the way tomorrow and looking forward to the pictures. :beer:

jeeplvr247

I am home in Rochester now. It was a real long drive at 50mph. This morning I determined that 3 hours is my limit on that 5-ton seat before I need a stretch. I left the camera up north but I will try to post some pics once my folks get back home after new years. Thanks to everyone that helped me or offered to help along the way. Andy, of course I looked at the water through the gates. The only thing better than that is when you sail under the bridge and look at the cars up above.

I am home in Rochester now. It was a real long drive at 50mph. This morning I determined that 3 hours is my limit on that 5-ton seat before I need a stretch. I left the camera up north but I will try to post some pics once my folks get back home after new years. Thanks to everyone that helped me or offered to help along the way. Andy, of course I looked at the water through the gates. The only thing better than that is when you sail under the bridge and look at the cars up above.
I normaly look down thru the grates but I have been under the bridge a couple times looking up.
Glad to hear you made it home with no issues.
only 3 hrs at a time in the seat? what is it a box seat?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks