• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan (area) Events

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Michigan there are several groups of MV enthusiasts along with the Steelsoldiers members, 3 MVPA affiliates, a Museum Foundation or two, and they are all doing something!
So I have been putting together a calendar of sorts (pdf below) for my own use this year, and I'm sharing it here.
The calendar lists Saturdays Only with monthly columns from March to September. The event description is vague due to space, yet contains enough info to google up the whole story.
Send me any other events & I will update the calendar

I have added a second post here with better descriptions and links.

Attachments

Last edited:

camp9

I took the cucv to the car show in St. Ignace last year, going to again this year, Not a MV show, but maybe some of use could meet up there with some. I plan on taking the A3 or 813 there for the truck show this fall.

MatthewH

I took the cucv to the car show in St. Ignace last year, going to again this year, Not a MV show, but maybe some of use could meet up there with some. I plan on taking the A3 or 813 there for the truck show this fall.

Hey Camp9
Do you know when the car show is? I'm game for the car show, don't have anything big enough for the truck show:-(

camp9

Here's a link to the show. Calendar of Events - Saint, St. Ignace, UP Michigan June 28-30 are the dates. We usually go on Saturday, walk around to see the cars and the swap meet. We parked close to down town last year with the M1031. Given all the custom cars and antiques it was a fish out of water, but had quite a few people ask about it. So ya, I think that would be great if you have time to head up. It's one of the only events that I can go to that I don't have to cross the bridge. :grin: Ya never know, maybe they'd let us set up on the end up on the hill if we had enough show up. Here's a pic from the day we were there.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother lives 15 miles NW of da bridge
Everyone I know up there either stays in their home or leaves town when "the trolls invade" for the weekend, lol

(trolls refers to those that live 'down under the bridge' , the whole lower peninsula)

MatthewH

Here's a link to the show. Calendar of Events - Saint, St. Ignace, UP Michigan June 28-30 are the dates. We usually go on Saturday, walk around to see the cars and the swap meet. We parked close to down town last year with the M1031. Given all the custom cars and antiques it was a fish out of water, but had quite a few people ask about it. So ya, I think that would be great if you have time to head up. It's one of the only events that I can go to that I don't have to cross the bridge. :grin: Ya never know, maybe they'd let us set up on the end up on the hill if we had enough show up. Here's a pic from the day we were there.

Its on my calander, looks like I'll have a busy June, with the Oscoda show, Wings over Gaylord, and now the St Iggy car show.
Thanks for the link

bill2444

I was planning on being up there, and was thinking of entering the m35a2 in the show so i could do the whole hangout all day thing. will probally race the jeep in the mud run too that weekend.

camp9

Our middle son is fixing up a old 65 jeep, he'd love to talk to you about it and look at yours :) Have you ever entered before? Wonder if we could get a spot together if others came so we could be together?

Last edited:

Norseland

Howdy CAmp9,

Looks good, you'll have some guys coming to the show.
I doubt I'd have time, would never take the truck that far again, the initial trip up there was fun and uneventful...Graces!

Besides I went from paying big Log Farm plates to Historical Vehicle, much cheaper and I havent hauled anything yet besides on my property or across the road from one prop to the other, weighed the truck and everything, wow what a waste. But now theplates are good till
20! Ha!
And historical says cant go more than 100 miles from house, which means I cant even do Irn Moon, River or even the falls.
Anyway, hope all have a good time!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy CAmp9,

...................And historical says cant go more than 100 miles from house, which means I cant even do Irn Moon, River or even the falls.
Anyway, hope all have a good time!
Norseland,
While the log/farm plates have a distance from home limit.
Historical Plates Do Not.

1) The vehicle in question is over 25 years old.
2) The vehicle is owned solely as a collector’s item (i.e. not acquired to be used for general transportation).
3)
The vehicle is used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, and similar uses, including mechanical testing, but is not used for general transportation.

paradeduty

Ypsilanti, MI show

Hi Bob -

Just wanted to throw out a little blurp about an anual show the Ypsilanti Street Rod Club is putting on this coming Sunday (May 6, 2012). This year they are going to be honoring the Veterans and I was planning on going. I have spoken to the organizers and they are excited about having the MV's there, so the more the merrier. It is at a nice park in town and I have spoken to them about parking the trucks on an asphalt parking lot on the south side of the park to minimize damage to the grounds due to weight, etc. This is a link to their website for info: Ypsi Area Street Rods

Thanks, Dave.

196thprober

Hi Bob -

Just wanted to throw out a little blurp about an anual show the Ypsilanti Street Rod Club is putting on this coming Sunday (May 6, 2012). This year they are going to be honoring the Veterans and I was planning on going. I have spoken to the organizers and they are excited about having the MV's there, so the more the merrier. It is at a nice park in town and I have spoken to them about parking the trucks on an asphalt parking lot on the south side of the park to minimize damage to the grounds due to weight, etc. This is a link to their website for info: Ypsi Area Street Rods

Thanks, Dave.
Too many events to get to already; to much work going on for our June Show and lengthy travel for me to get to ypsi, or I'd be there for sure to meet and support you/the event-sorry.

paradeduty

Totally understand, Chuck.

Everybody is very busy these days - especially with our (usually) short Michigan summers!

Just thought I would put out the word for those who were looking for something to do / stretch the legs on their MV.

Dave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks