• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MI Michigan insurance and registration

ToddJK

So are you still running with your FDC or have you deleted that? What are you doing for filtering that waste oil? I was thinking about a set up for waste oil treatment. Maybe just pumping it through a series of filters from a collection tank to a clean oil tank. What do you do?
Yeah, still running the fdc for now. For filtering, I use 2 different filter socks that's meant for petroleum products, a 50 micron and a 10 micron. The 10 takes much longer and I only use it if the oil seemed really dirty. Otherwise I primarily use the 50 micron, I figured the fuel filters on the truck will catch the smaller stuff and I plan on changing those every so often anyway. I also throw some magnets in the filter sock to catch some metal if any.
My jet fuel is in a big tote, but I filter that through the sock into a 55 gallon drum I got from work and then pump that into the fuel tank. I suppose you could use a couple drums and filter from one to the other using a smaller filter, but I'd definitely invest in a nice pump, air or electric, I use a hand crank and my arms get tired after a while.

MichiganCampers

Hello everyone. New here, new hobby idea, and have read that this is the place to go for answers.

I've done a lot of browsing about information related to insuring and registering a m35a2 in Michigan. Id assume my answer is somewhere in older posts but I have yet to come up with it. So I'm reaching out to any other current or former michiganders with some experience going through the process. First off from what I can tell, here in Michigan no cdl is required for a m35a2 in stock configuration with 3 axles, as it doesn't break the 26,001 pound mark, and I would not be using it in a commercial capacity. At least on the Sos site it makes it seem that way. Is that correct? I've looked at some m35a2s and would be getting one with a state title already in place, just needing to get it swapped to Michigan and registered. I would be looking to drive routinely on road through the summer months say may-october. Options for registering? And obviously would need insurance, any recommendations here in Michigan? Or better places outside the state? Thanks in advance, happy to have found this community.
I've got one here and ready for you if you want it. I'm located in Waterford MI. I've had it about 8 years, call or text if your interested, Russ At michigancampers.com 248- 390-7970

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks