• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan & NE OHIO

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, will be road trippin Saturday.

So if you see a M817 dump bed headin South through MI & East thru Ohio
or a M36A2 bed headin West thru Ohio & North through Michigan
Wave as we go by, (unless we are on the side of the road) we won't have time to stop for any visits.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get into issues in western Ohio, let me know, there are those in the FMVG that will help where and when we can and we're spread from Toledo through Vermilion, Ohio and south through Old Fort near Tiffin, my number is 419-626-6349, and our Vice prez and the treasurer's business number is 419-483-4754 (a father/son team) But good luck to you its going to me WARM and they're calling for showers most of the weekend off and on.

islandguydon

Bob,
I am going to be in Wood County, NE Ohio the next few days, call my cell phone if you are on the side of the road. I going 23 the whole way. Good luck..!

islandguydon

Hey Andy, the top of the box looks like a sail to catch wind. Hope crossing the Mackinaw Bridge goes well. There was 60MPH cross winds last week. Hit me up if there is a problem I am around all weekend.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck and a safe drive to them! Are they taking 75 through Detroit or bypassing on 23?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1250 + miles - 25hrs. Left here about 0130 empty after getting out of work at midnight.
Made it up to Andy's about 0630 and was loaded & rollin out about 0730.
made it down to Ron's (11Ehco) about 1830 & was back on the road by about 1930 & home a little after 0200.
Back home all went well. We considererd unbolting the cab protector, but Wes's Cummins pulled it fine, Drank some Diesel on the way down though :shock:
Still averaged 19 mpg total trip
Here's a shot of the transferring of loads over in Bristolville OH,
IM002741s.JPG

Last edited:

camp9

Glad to hear you guys made it home and the trip was a safe one. Good seeing you Bob and meeting Wes. Got anymore pics of your new bed? Thanks again.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I sat on my butt for about 22 hrs on Satuday & a couple early Sunday morning.
I worked it off today 90° with about 75% humidity.
I unloaded that M36 bed and the 6 1100R20's from my trailer, now I don't have a tractor or any buddies with heavy equipment around, so I picked up 3 dozen cement blocks locally off of craigslist (only needed 16 for the task but 36 for $20) broke out my 30+ yr old floor jack some 10 foot beams. No one was around to help, even the dog took off, but, I got 'er done!

camp9

Nice looking bed there Bob. I'll be looking forward to seeing it on your truck and at one of the events up here.

Nice working with you to Ron (11Echo) Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks