• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan Winter 2010 MV Rally.

byrdo

Anybody interested in a Michigan 2010 MV Rally February 26th-28th? There is a great piece of state land just north of Harrison that would be an excellent location. Miles of trails, beautiful scenery and a rifle range.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Details on the location would be nice.
Now us Northern Michigan types can handle the cold, but this location have a warming facility?
As we might just get a little cold & wet during a trail side field repair seminar. ;-)

Your dates are the weekend following the Great Lakes MVPA meeting in St Louis on 2-21-10 .

Last edited:

odjeeper

Sounds like fun, we used to have winter rides years ago when some of the guys had light tracked vehicles to play with. It was very cool to see Weasels, an Otter and a Husky out on the trails.

CMP Nut

Michigan Rally

I would love to be there with Blondie but she is housed in a museum at the moment....good luck with the event.

Mike in Windsor

citizensoldier

Any interest in making part of this a swap meet? I have been working toward a springtime swap meet through the GLMVPA but this would work just fine. Buildings for rent in the area? Maybe contact Clint Barber the president of the GLMVPA He might be able to help as far as event insurance and put this together with you.. Just food for thought. This is a great idea..

Preacherboy

I have been wanting to go to something like this, too bad my wife is due to have her baby March 1. She might be irritated if I left her alone that weekend. So I will look forward to another time.

byrdo

Where

O.k., The location I had in mind would put us on state land in Roscommon County. We could meet at the intersection of Old Hwy 27 and Grass Lake Road. There are miles of very nice trails through there and plenty of beautiful scenery. Sorry, to those of who would like a warming house. The best we can do is the pub to the south on old 27. To those that would like to do a swap meet, maybe we could set something up that same day down at General Jim's in Clare. If there is enough interest I will get a hold of them. That is my plan. Not a very formal event. Just a good excuse to take the old deuce out for a spin. All I need is a head count and I will provide a picnic lunch.

citizensoldier

I have a chained up R2 I would like to bring.. Do you think you could keep me/us on just trails? Trying to decide what I should take. I like your General Jims idea kind of like a winter version of the summer one. I will send this link to Clint and see what he says. He could then chat with Jeff "Gen Jims grand poo bah" see what he says. If we cant do anything formal like that I am fine with it too. We can all chat on here about parts needs and wants. I am game for a tent and wood stove.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks