• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Midland, Mi show May 31st

zak

Anybody going to the show in Midland? I hope to drive the deuce dump down if I can get I woke up from its winter nap and the maintenance checks done this weekend. If its the same as last year there is also a huge auto show and parts swap meet going on. And for the other half there a huge antique flea market that covers most of the fairgrounds. Maybe one of the Officers of the MMMT can add more.

Larry's right. It is the auto show/auto parts swap meet weekend at the Antiques Festival. It is an excellent opportunity for us to show off this other side of "the old car hobby". The average attendance at the Festival is over 30,000, with a couple hundred antique dealers selling everything from toys and dishes to furniture.

Great Lakes MVPA and MMMT set up a display between the show cars and the swap meet. The show cars are normally driven in for the day and are parked in the order they arrive at the gate. The military vehicles are allowed to group in a reserved area, along with our tent and other display items. Primitve camping on the grounds with toilets and showers available (please remember to tip the porters, you'll understand when you're there). Motels nearby for us older, lazy folks. Traditional fair-type foods, including deep-fried twinkies, 4H cafeteria, with several excellent restaurants just outside the gate.

We can normally get in to set up on Friday. Gates open to the public Saturday at 9, I think. Official dates are May 31 and June 1, Saturday and Sunday.