• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Migration

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know it doesn't look like much, but I've tied up a number of loose ends. Right now I've got some issues with hotmail and a few mail providers not linking the new IP, so some of you might be missing emails, but I'm working through that. It will take time, just like the DNS stuff.

Some more things coming soon is a the move from http to https to enhance security for our users. Once we've got all the house in order and secured the way I want it. There's going to be some updates/changes to the forums. And we'll revisit a chat solution. There's also another project we'll start formal works with in mid January.

Thanks everyone for being undestanding and bearing with our growth.

TGP (IL)

Scripting problem ?

For some reason every page I open I get a IE cross scripting alert.

What's up with that?

Thanks for all you folks do.

Happy New Year

Tom

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please try to post in the correct forums.

Moved...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, I'm wondering if it's to do with the RSS stream for GL ads. I see in the screenshot it's not displaying there.

ke5eua

HTML:
I'm using Windows 10, I never use edge, but it works fine for me?  Can someone email me a screenshot of the error to support@steelsoldiers.com  also include your browser and OS level.

Email sent.

P.S.
I had to wrap the quote in as the form software kept breaking it into two separate quotes at the email address.

Last edited:

ke5eua

Hmm, I'm wondering if it's to do with the RSS stream for GL ads. I see in the screenshot it's not displaying there.
Was able to replicate the error. It has to do with the XSS (Cross Site Scripting) filter being enabled by default on IE (9,10) 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sometimes I wonder that I never learned anything at all

Instead of going on and on just think that
I tried everything the little mind knows to get to the new server.
Did not work
Three days and had no commo
So, like in the Commodore 64 old daze, light bulb lit
I powered everything down, Puter, router, modem, cable feed, and shut down the truck too.
Waited a couple of whiles and powered it all back up, except didn't restart truck

Turns out the ATT modem had locked on the "old server"
Electrical/electronic reboot - power down and repower fixed that
It is all back now, modem went to new address server

Lesson is what I already know from experiences should not be forgot
I know, dumb, post, He is talking to himself
But then if it gets even just one back
it was worth being slammed for stupid

ke5eua

Sometimes I wonder that I never learned anything at all

Instead of going on and on just think that
I tried everything the little mind knows to get to the new server.
Did not work
Three days and had no commo
So, like in the Commodore 64 old daze, light bulb lit
I powered everything down, Puter, router, modem, cable feed, and shut down the truck too.
Waited a couple of whiles and powered it all back up, except didn't restart truck

Turns out the ATT modem had locked on the "old server"
Electrical/electronic reboot - power down and repower fixed that
It is all back now, modem went to new address server

Lesson is what I already know from experiences should not be forgot
I know, dumb, post, He is talking to himself
But then if it gets even just one back
it was worth being slammed for stupid
Your modem doesn't cache anything. Your route might cache to preserve bandwidth but isn't a good practice as dns records can change daily. Take facebook for example, you point your browser to facebook.com and the dns record tells your connection what ip to go to. If your router caches then it won't know the dns is sending you to an updated ip.

Web browsers have a tendcy to cache also, this is where a shift+f5 (complete refresh) is in order.

If you have an AT&T uverse modem / router then I know those don't cache. If you have AT&T dsl and you have two separate boxes, a small modem and whatever brand of choice router then you might need to check and see if your router is caching websites.

Your modem is just that, a modem, converting your local TCP/IP to what your carrier uses. Be it one pair dsl, two pair (a)dsl, cable, fiber, satelliet, dial-up, etc. It's your router that takes the ip your modem gives you and distributes it to the rest of your intranet.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's the RSS feed. Going to have to redo this one and host it internally. It's mainly just an annoyance message.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've switched off the auto scrolling and made it more basic. But no more cross scripting errors.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wish. It's a fun act of trying to make a website work on IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, Android, Windows Mobile, Apple IOS, and Latvian Potatoes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks