• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mikey likes it... 57 Reo M108...

Danger Ranger

No offense taken!

Snow....

I'm moving this fall to NE PA, where my deuces currently reside. This area is in a snow belt and has winters that would make Minnesota proud. Because I get free WMO, the M108 has a reliable brake system and the area is so rural, it'll be my daily driver for everything local. My deuces with NDT's are horrible in the snow. I've priced out a full set of chains and they are half as much as a full set of Mich XML 395's. Also, I'm not fond of the idea of constantly changing the chains in between black and white pavement. When I think of changing chains I remember changing a flat tire on my F150 last winter in the snow at -7F. Never again.

I don't think COG is an issue. I expected the M108 to be top heavy, but the recovery was a 2 hour drive, including some trails to the LZ, and it felt fine. Never once did it feel top heavy. There are many wreckers on larger tires, so I am confident she'll be fine.

Mikey
So why not put singles on a deuce and use it as a daily driver? They are your trucks, so are the deuces in less reliable conditions?

mikey

So why not put singles on a deuce and use it as a daily driver? They are your trucks, so are the deuces in less reliable conditions?
I'm selling one deuce and the other does parade duty, so I want to keep the NDT's on the parade deuce. Additionally, I like the fact that the M108 has a much better brake system for a daily driver.

Singles aren't the end of the world. Very easy to switch back if I want to go authentic again.

Mikey