• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mil swop meet in Crawfordsville, IN

L999here

....crap-shoot..

As with any trade show type of get together...MV show,gun show,etc....it's a crap-shoot when trying to find a specific part/s. Last year there were a few venders who had M35 and some 5-ton parts...just a glancing look as I was not in the market for any such parts. Just have to go to find out....

Mike_L

I'll be there.

Like Len said, try to get up there and check it out. Crawfordsville isn't too far from Indy. If you haven't been up to the Ropkey Museum before, it is well worth the trip anyway. I also don't recall specifically what was there last year but I know there were some deuce parts on the tables. May also have been some 5 ton stuff. Only having a 3/4 ton, I wouldn't know a deuce doo-hicky from a 5 ton doo-hicky anyhow.

Should be good weather for it and there are R/C aircraft scheduled to fly, vehicles on display (museum & POV), a back trail to ride on, and lots of folks to chit-chat with.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well the guy just payed me for my 85 ramcharger I had for sale and a buddy of mine is going to meet me up there to pickup a step chevy bed I have for him so the wife says why not. So I guess the indy4x4fab crew will be there.

B3.3T

Last year was the first year for this event and it was great. This year, I know of many, many more that are coming, vendors and people. This is a premier event and well worth it.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Here's my parts list;

seven m818 glad hands for the hoses

three inch Lumnet ring (petal hook ring)

two front cleaves rings

three rear cab m818 tool boxes

two 809s fuel sender gaskets

two 809s fuel pickup gaskets

one fuel sender float

one 809s fuel strainer for in side the fuel filler neck

one 809s fuel tank strap

one pair of matching rear tail lights

one m105 or m101 trailer plug end

one digital key pad light switch

Mike_L

I've got a few spare 9.00 x 16 tires I'm bringing. They are used but still have some life in them. Maybe someone may find them useful for spares or trailer tires. Also a deuce (may fit a 5 ton) steering wheel. I may bring other bric-a-brac I have laying around in my cabinets.

skinnedknuckles

I wish I could go this year. I went last year and had a good time. I remember there was some military clothing, jeep and deuce parts back near where I camped out, someone also brought an assortment of plastic models. Cool museum to go through lots of armor,PBR boat and some soft skinned vehicles.I wonder if the Polish airplane is still there.
Paul in Janesville, Wis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks