• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mile Marker 10,500lb Hydraulic Winch ECV Front Winch Plate HMMWV M1151

JetbikeAnt

Hello All. I want to add a Winch to the front of my M1045A2. I am looking for a Mile marker Winch Plate. The one that was installed by Coug is different than this one. Question is will it work on my buggy? Any opinions? Thanks in advance!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1045a2 gets a standard Non-ECV winch plate
Rare Milemarker ECV plates are hard to find cheap.......and only work on extended nose trucks.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck started out with the same A2 winch plate as you have. From my understanding I could have just used it with the winch, but with how the brackets are set up I'd really need to put the bumper extensions to install it properly and to be able to reach the clutch lever.

There always seems to be some confusion around the M1123. It's actually an A2 variant truck, the same as your M1045A2, the big difference being it's a heavy variant truck like the 1097A2, but doesn't have the airlift bumper because the marines didn't want to lose the departure angle, and they pretty much all have the deep water fording kit already installed. It's not the same as all the other M11XX trucks that are ECV or REV.

Here is a pic from one of the facecrook groups that shows a Warn winch mounted onto the A2 winch plate without the extensions. I assume it's a Warn from the Warn sticker, but can't verify what one.

252873165_1750736481982212_6786846598243569183_n.jpg

There is also a custom plate made for the Sherpa 24V winches over at blackdogcustoms.com , along with frame extensions.

Last edited:

JetbikeAnt

My truck started out with the same A2 winch plate as you have. From my understanding I could have just used it with the winch, but with how the brackets are set up I'd really need to put the bumper extensions to install it properly and to be able to reach the clutch lever.

There always seems to be some confusion around the M1123. It's actually an A2 variant truck, the same as your M1045A2, the big difference being it's a heavy variant truck like the 1097A2, but doesn't have the airlift bumper because the marines didn't want to lose the departure angle, and they pretty much all have the deep water fording kit already installed. It's not the same as all the other M11XX trucks that are ECV or REV.

Here is a pic from one of the facecrook groups that shows a Warn winch mounted onto the A2 winch plate without the extensions. I assume it's a Warn from the Warn sticker, but can't verify what one.

View attachment 849752

There is also a custom plate made for the Sherpa 24V winches over at blackdogcustoms.com , along with frame extensions.

Thanks Coug. On the Picture of the above Humvee the Winch wire is coming through a second bottom opening that the ECV Plate has, but the standard A2 Plate does not. Does that mean you have to cut a second hole? Also, do I need to use frame extensions on any Plate I decide to go with? Thanks!

JetbikeAnt

Thanks 86. So I guess it goes back too picture #3 for me. That's where I started and Coug installed. I need that Plate all. Who has one for sale? Thanks!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking the other day for the same plate (didn't end up buying one), but I did see them for sale on a few of the site sponsor websites. (Eastern Surplus and one other that escapes me right now.)

I didn't end up buying them, but it showed me that a few were still available.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Coug. On the Picture of the above Humvee the Winch wire is coming through a second bottom opening that the ECV Plate has, but the standard A2 Plate does not. Does that mean you have to cut a second hole? Also, do I need to use frame extensions on any Plate I decide to go with? Thanks!
I don't believe that it is a second opening, just that the guide roller is offset to the bottom of the opening.

The extensions WILL make it easier to access the clutch release lever.

The milemarker plate doesn't require an extension in order to reach the clutch lever on the winch, but the A2/ECV plate and the aftermarket Sherpa plate do if you want access to the clutch lever without opening the hood and leaning in really far, or having it pointed down where it can be reached from underneath (but also at increased risk of being damaged or being unable to access it if you're deep in mud or on a stump or something.

Last edited:

JetbikeAnt

Eastern Surplus has them with the Winch installed. I asked them to separate one for me, as I already have my electric Mile Marker Winch. Its been a week and have not heard back. Thanks for the reminder, I'm calling them now.

JetbikeAnt

View attachment 849752

I must say, that is a clean installation and the look I'm shooting for. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks